• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I did better under Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    They are squealing already - it's glorious

Corbyn boost after condemnations from dreadful people
    Viva la Revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Whats the alternative, UKIP and Farage
      The Emigration Party.

In 2020 I will vote Komrade Korbyn and fook off to my private island somewhere where it does not rain more than once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I propose a fair system of wealth distribution. Anyone who earns more than me, pays 99.99% tax. Anyone who earns what I earn or less, pays 0.01% tax.

Simples.

is this the idea you took from your divorce settlement?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          So it was tough paying the mortgage for a few months on your detached 4 bed with half an acre, before inflation eroded the debt after a couple of years.
          I was born mid-70s, so take your grump clock-watching post and shove it.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            My bad.

I hear you on the B1 B2 thing, let's call Thatcher's yuppies B3 and jobs a goodun.

All have had it gravy though.
            I am Boomer 1, born in 1951. As a small child when I started wanting to eat sweets, they were still rationed. Our favourite places to play were bomb sites. But our parents, the wartime generation, believed in making a better future, and they did. We ran with that: on one side we were the better future and we benefited from their sacrifice; but on the other side we kept building a better world. We signed up for pensions not for ourselves (in the 1960s nobody young thought they'd ever grow old) but for our parents and grandparents because we knew what they had sacrificed. We didn't want to skim off the cream and leave future generations with the only other thing that floats: we believed as no generation before in ever better times. No one is more sorry than we to see that dream die, and I do not believe it needs to. It matters to me personally, I have adult children (millennials). In fact I think that one of the problems now is that the people in power now do not have adult children so they have no idea what it is like for them.

The Boomers' time has passed and most of our dreams were not realised. But we didn't make the tulip, we just failed to make reality live up to our dreams.
            Last edited by expat; 14 August 2015, 16:31.

Comment

I did better under Labour

Originally posted by expat View Post
              I am Boomer 1, born in 1951. As a small child when I started wanting to eat sweets, they were still rationed. Our favourite places to play were bomb sites. But our parents, the wartime generation, believed in making a better future, and they did. We ran with that: on one side we were the better future and we benefited from their sacrifice; but on the other side we kept building a better world. We signed up for pensions not for ourselves (in the 1960s nobody young thought they'd ever grow old) but for our parents and grandparents because we knew what they had sacrificed. We didn't want to skim off the cream and leave future generations with the only other thing that floats: we believed as no generation before in ever better times. No one is more sorry than we to see that dream die, and I do not believe it needs to. It matters to me personally, I have adult children (millennials). In fact I think that one of the problems now is that the people in power now do not have adult children so they have no idea what it is like for them.

The Boomers' time has passed and most of our dreams were not realised. But we didn't make the tulip, we just failed to make reality live up to our dreams.
              Makes no odds if the politicians have teenage kids. The cabinet are all millionaires.

Well your dream/debt needs paying for. Are you going to pay for it?

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 14 August 2015, 18:45.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
              X