On Radio 4 now :programme on agencies and umbrella companies On Radio 4 now :programme on agencies and umbrella companies
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Default On Radio 4 now :programme on agencies and umbrella companies

The New Workplace programme is on now.

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Its been on a few times, there was a bit from Parasol on Brollys but not really relevant to us, more like fuel for HMRC to clamp down on unscrupulous employers getting round putting the onus of responsibility on the self employed person.

The guy at the end who I assume is a help desk bod doesn't help our case as it smacks of I am getting round not paying as much tax for what I do which is nothing more than filling a resource gap for a client rather than being a proper consultant
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

bored now

eek is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Its been on a few times, there was a bit from Parasol on Brollys but not really relevant to us, more like fuel for HMRC to clamp down on unscrupulous employers getting round putting the onus of responsibility on the self employed person.

The guy at the end who I assume is a help desk bod doesn't help our case as it smacks of I am getting round not paying as much tax for what I do which is nothing more than filling a resource gap for a client rather than being a proper consultant
    Yep he doesn't help.... But its a version of example 1 and 2 in the IR35 discussion document so we need to provide an answer to it.

The problem is that the entity that should be being punished there is the end client but if we go in with too fixed a set of rules we will all be caught by them...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Umbrella Queen

LisaContractorUmbrella 's job has never been outsourced

It was a shockingly biased programme (as usual!). All about the low paid workers again - the IT support guy was considered 'high paid' on £25k pa
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015