• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And he will be retired, sipping fine wine at 50, and you will be working another 20 years longer, as you pissed the money up the wall. The good times/IT contracting isn't going to last forever, far from it.

And that will make me still less than 50. (Y)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What's wrong with that? I might be a contractor but I'm still a Yorkshire guy so tight as a gnats chuff!
      Being from Yorkshire i would of expected something at least 4X4.

Comment

And he will be retired, sipping fine wine at 50, and you will be working another 20 years longer, as you pissed the money up the wall. The good times/IT contracting isn't going to last forever, far from it.

Not unless all that gold you told me to buy actually becomes worth something by then :cry
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not unless all that gold you told me to buy actually becomes worth something by then :cry
          Silver is the wise Investment.

Comment

What's wrong with that? I might be a contractor but I'm still a Yorkshire guy so tight as a gnats chuff!

Yorkshire. That's on the wrong side of the pennines isn't it??

Gotta love gods own country though, some awesome driving roads
            Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Well, yes, buy low, sell high.......at some point....

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
                I've got some magic beans if you're interested....

Seriously though, given the game we're all in financing a depreciating asset is crazy. You never know when bench time is going to ruin your well laid plans.

Buy what you can afford. Spending more than you earn is how Greece ended up in such an awesome position......

Comment

Makes little difference as it tends to track gold over the medium term at least.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

And that will make me still less than 50. (Y)
                    I see. Paid off your mortgage yet? War chest full? BTL portfolio stacked? Ready of Komrade Korbyn in a few years time?

Comment

I see. Paid off your mortgage yet? War chest full? BTL portfolio stacked? Ready of Komrade Korbyn in a few years time?
                      Ditto this advice, minus the BTL (personal choice).

Comment

Working...
                      X