• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone 6S

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Have we reached peak phone ?
    they said that with the nokia 3310! (probably)

Comment

I will be ordering mine within the next week or so.

No I don't need it. My 5S is perfectly good.

But I want one. So there.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
        Have we reached peak phone ?

I haven't seen any compelling reason to upgrade until my phone becomes too slow to run the latest apps
        Other than gaming and a few niche areas (music for instance) modern phones are already vastly over-powered for most uses. But then so are desktops really.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Other than gaming and a few niche areas (music for instance) modern phones are already vastly over-powered for most uses. But then so are desktops really.
          multiple profiles (it'd be nice if iphone could have a thing where if your kid puts their thumb on it it unlocks the phone for just child-friendly (/parent approved) apps, but when you put your thumb on it's standard profile, so you're not worried they'll accidentally delete something or phone someone)

there's still a long way to go on battery life/battery technology

wireless charging

Comment

I ordered one for the mrs, to replace hers iphone 4 which is giving up the ghost after suffering the abuse of an 18 month old.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              multiple profiles (it'd be nice if iphone could have a thing where if your kid puts their thumb on it it unlocks the phone for just child-friendly (/parent approved) apps, but when you put your thumb on it's standard profile, so you're not worried they'll accidentally delete something or phone someone)

there's still a long way to go on battery life/battery technology

wireless charging
              Doesn't Android support multiple profiles already - and besides this is a software issue not a hardware one. A new OS on current phones could fix it.

Battery technology mostly suffers BECAUSE they keep making the phones more powerful. If they kept performance constant using new technology, power usage would drop each iteration.

Wireless charging is already here. It's just not proving very popular, so hasn't become a standard feature.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If this is a normal use case, and something other phones can withstand, then it's reasonable to expect the 6 can do something the 5 could.
                He was an American. Those people think MF is svelte.

Also, it wasn't the 6 that was (in a tiny number of cases and only when considerable force was applied) prone to bending, it was the 6 Plus. Larger size => more leverage when you apply torsion.

Comment

Luckily there are lots of software developers who are lazy, incompetent, or both. They keep writing software that is so inefficient that it can barely run even on the latest hardware, thereby justifying the upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    He was an American. Those people think MF is svelte.

Also, it wasn't the 6 that was (in a tiny number of cases and only when considerable force was applied) prone to bending, it was the 6 Plus. Larger size => more leverage when you apply torsion.
                    Bending moments.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Bending moments.
                      torsion is also correct (twisting the ends in opposite clockwise/anticlockwise directions)

Comment

Working...
                      X