• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good to see that sacrifices are being made for Climate Change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
    bit of a squeeze though eh?
    Yes - anyone else in the same box had better shape up and change their views pretty damn sharpish!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Don't know who that is but she definitely looks like she fits into the box you've put her in.
      I have even met her . She is a very nice lady but I would not want to cross her. And yes she does fit into my box
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        You will probably find that they are pretty honest straight forward labour voting working class people who have little respect for the wailing lefty middle classes and their sneering condescending patronage.
        I expect like most groups, they have little respect for people not in their group.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I expect like most groups, they have little respect for people not in their group.
          Box!
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Tories couldn't give a tulip, its a dirty blue colour job, there's no large party contributions, there's no directorships, there's nothing in it for them. Now if it was a white collar financial institution in the City, then that would be another question:
            More news on this as it seems the Tories couldn't give a toss about workers in Britain: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-well-groomed-rose-6512714 yet are more than happy to loan GBP45m to a foreign company for them to upgrade a factory in Canada: Roman Abramovich gets £45m loan from UK taxpayer - Business Matters and they only need to put 25% of that back into the UK...
            Last edited by darmstadt; 30 September 2015, 14:09.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

A loan is not the same as pouring money into a loss-making industry merely to keep people in jobs, is it?

If the government intervenes this is basically just make-work, not that dissimilar from workfare.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                A loan is not the same as pouring money into a loss-making industry merely to keep people in jobs, is it?

If the government intervenes this is basically just make-work, not that dissimilar from workfare.
                Couldn't they make the loan to improve the factory in the UK rather than to one in Canada, maybe they could produce the same goods here and help British industry? Think of it as investment...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Did the company ask for a loan for the UK plant? Can it be upgraded to be profitable in the same way?

Comment

Working...
                  X