If the cap fits... If the cap fits...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Default If the cap fits...

Right-wingers think they are morally superior, study shows Right-wingers think they are morally superior, study shows

Makes sense
    Woker than you - but not as woke as I'd like to be.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Is it a problem?

More fingers than teeth

DodgyAgent is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Right-wingers think they are morally superior, study shows Right-wingers think they are morally superior, study shows

Makes sense
    We are
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

We are
    Indeed. Maybe right wingers are just answering the question correctly because they tend to be more successful as a result of their own abilities. Morality has nowt to do with it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Banned

SpontaneousOrder 's job has never been outsourced

If you mean economically right/left, then yes - of course they are. Forced leftism is evil. Voluntary leftism is immoral on a personal level.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    If you mean economically right/left, then yes - of course they are. Forced leftism is evil. Voluntary leftism is immoral on a personal level.
    What if it's a career choice, ie - they get paid to be a leftie?

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

Mind you "right winger" and "left winger" are both pretty daft blanket categories. I'm only a righty because I believe in a free market economy, merit and the positive aspects of nationalism. On most social issues like equal rights, gay marriage, crime and punishment (and fox hunting!) I prefer the "lefty" view. Always a problem at elections.

Sure many others don't fall into this simplistic left/right category on all issues either.

PS And there is of course a strong link between "right wing" and religion. The bollux of morality. It is not so much the political views as religious ones that shape attitudes.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2nd October 2015 at 20:15.
    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Banned

SpontaneousOrder 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    like equal rights, gay marriage
    point highlighted by the fact that I don't know whether you mean supporting gay marriage is lefty, or that you support the idea of forcing religious institutions to marry gay people is lefty?

I'd say that if you think gay marriage is no problem is good, AND that you think forcing religious institutions to endorse it is bad, then that's right wing. But many would not agree.

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

Quite. Definitions are such simplifications. Probably the only official distinction is economic, i.e. do you believe in merit or equality? The rest of it is all very blurred. Stalin was rather keen on promoting national culture and was not too keen on Jews either, supposedly right wing traits.

PS No, I don't believe in forcing views on people generally. Religion is crap but, provided beliefs don't greatly impact others - gays can get married elsewhere, people should be able to hold and express them. Rights should be about balance, not one person's trumping another's.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2nd October 2015 at 21:20.
    bloggoth

More fingers than teeth

DodgyAgent is NOT a disguised employee

I don't believe in anything that is forced on others by petty jealousy and bigotry which is why I support fox hunting
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone