• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England out of the world cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Again in the eyes of your average chippy welshman all that is important is to beat the English and then apportion blame for failure on the English. It is pathetic
    Chippy? As in works as (i.e. carpenter) or goes to?

I had a nice Rissole and chips from Dorothys in Caroline Street on Saturday night. (Welsh will know it well). Does that make me a chippy welshman?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Didn't you lot win the poofball one in 1966 too. Sure I've heard that mentioned once or a million times!

I think "they" did, not us.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I had a nice Rissole and chips from Dorothys in Caroline Street on Saturday night. (Welsh will know it well). Does that make me a chippy welshman?
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_on_shoulder
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You buy in Chip Alley and don't do the proper curry off the bone and chips? You total barbarian.
          I was introduced to that tradition by an Australian lass, I was expecting some nasty curry sauce and was very nicely surprised.

As Dodgy has pointed out your bitching about having an English ref looks and in fact stinks of sour grapes, it puts your earlier comments in context and just makes the "anything but England" attitude look like a part of your psychology.
          The Scotts have a right to be aggrieved over a bit of dodgy reffing at the end of a storming game.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            You buy in Chip Alley and don't do the proper curry off the bone and chips? You total barbarian.
            I was introduced to that tradition by an Australian lass, I was expecting some nasty curry sauce and was very nicely surprised.
            This (and the sour grapes bit)

I have perfected this recipe. The secret is to add a chopped apple to onion, madras curry powder, flour and chicken stock.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              This (and the sour grapes bit)

I have perfected this recipe. The secret is to add a chopped apple to onion, madras curry powder, flour and chicken stock.

HTH
              Dunno what's in it, but it's pretty tasty, especially after a night on the ale which is in plentiful and varied supply in Cardiff, fine town for a night out

Comment

World Rugby Statement: Match officials

The icing on the fooking cake!!
                Just googled the French analysis of Joubert's handling of the 2011 WC Final against NZ.
                I agree with Gavin Hastings, never let him officiate a major match again. Damaged goods.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

[QUOTE=DodgyAgent;2157179]
                  Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  At least we've won the cup...

Something that no other Home nation will achieve in the foreseeable future AND we beat the Argies when it mattered
                  When did the English beat the Argies that it mattered more?

Comment

[QUOTE=WTFH;2157515]
                    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

When did the English beat the Argies that it mattered more?
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

That doesn't look like an English flag, looks more like the Union Flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
                      I realise you may have forgotten that England is part of Great Britain and the United Kingdom, but in 1982 it was not England v Argentina. In the same way that 1914-18 and 1939-45 were not England v Germany. The whole of the UK were involved in those wars.
                      The EDL, England First, the English National Front etc may try to convince people otherwise, but they hate Britain and the United Kingdom and hence like to falsify history to suit their attitudes.

Comment

Working...
                      X