• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT industry words or phrases that make your heart sink....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Reach out to"....

Comment

It's just...

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        Scrum Master

Planning Poker

"Planning Poker" brilliant! Never heared it before, but certainly going to use it from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          Already been done but I am currently invited to a daily...

Stand up

...with 51 other people. FFS!
          ..and how long does this stand up last ? and where would they hold this standup ? Surely not at someone's desk

Comment

"the art of the possible"

and

"articulate"

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
              ..and how long does this stand up last ? and where would they hold this standup ? Surely not at someone's desk
              It's in one of the large meeting rooms. I don't bother going. I assume that with that many people there I won't be missed.

Given how this place works, the meeting slot will have finished before all the attendees have bothered to turn up for it.

Comment

"Don't bring me problems, bring me solutions"

I believe that was from an old IBM advert
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Ghost Dimension
                  Never heard of that one.

WTF is it?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

...... so we've just about covered the entire vocabulary of corporate-speak.

Here's a question :

Are there any words or phrases that make your heart jump with joy? **

** Any responses about, "rate-rises", "renewals", "invoice payments" are too obvious and you will be deducted points for unoriginality.

Comment

A permy saying "I got a bad performance review because of you."

Maybe, he shouldn't have taken me on
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X