• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AC Ace V8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Better now....?

Lol. You are so in the wrong job Greenlake.

I had one of these. Soft version and I loved it. Massive smiles per mile for next to nothing money. Great car.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What sporty or convertible car doesn't? Who cares what everyone else thinks.
    Absolutely this. You get these cars for fun. I used to love driving round on a crisp winter day with the hood down. People would literally give me the winker sign and the like when driving past. Its warm enough in the cab even with the hood down. Just used to make me smile even more as I enjoyed my drive.

Either that or it was someone that knew me
    Last edited by northernladuk; 11 January 2017, 00:53.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Regarding the AC Ace. It's quirky, British, and has a V8. What's not to like?
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

AC Ace V8

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Regarding the AC Ace. It's quirky, British, and has a V8. What's not to like?
        Well in my original message was that I saw one of these in the flesh, and it looked like a GCSE CDT project.

Get a TVR for cheap v8 thrills, or a XKR.

But WTF do I know I drive a diesel BMW lol.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Well in my original message was that I saw one of these in the flesh, and it looked like a GCSE CDT project.
          The fact that it is an "ugly duckling" is part of it's charm.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            The fact that it is an "ugly duckling" is part of it's charm.
            She has a fit sister, I'll give you that...

http://www.topcarrating.com/2012-ac-378-gt-zagato.php
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
              CR04AXS Nissan

Taxed until 01 June 2017
              MOT until 24 June 2017
              CO2 273 g/km

Odometer 71,722 11/06/2016
              Reason for......

I'm not that cruel, but you get the point.
              GR04...

I know exactly what's publicly available online. When a friend of mine was last looking for a car, I pointed her to the gov.uk site where you can check such things (https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status), it's quite an eye opener.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Absolutely this. You get these cars for fun. I used to love driving round on a crisp winter day with the hood down. People would literally give me the winker sign and the like when driving past. Its warm enough in the cab even with the hood down. Just used to make me smile even more as I enjoyed my drive.

Either that or it was someone that knew me
                I had a Astra 2.2 Convertible a few years ago that I picked up silly cheap (So cheap, that it recently set on fire and the new owner - a family member - has managed to get more than I originally paid for it from the insurance!) and it really was great fun. My biggest issue was that I didn't have prescription sunglasses at the time and dropping the hood just meant I was blind most of the time. The heater was absolutely insane, too.

That said, I'm not sure I'd have another convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Yeah, fook the haters.
                  Do you get to drop bananas and fire red turtle shells at people?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    I had a Astra 2.2 Convertible a few years ago that I picked up silly cheap (So cheap, that it recently set on fire and the new owner - a family member - has managed to get more than I originally paid for it from the insurance!) and it really was great fun. My biggest issue was that I got sacked as a hairdresser. The heater was absolutely insane, too.

That said, I'm not sure I'd have another convertible.
                    FTFY
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Shamea2 View Post
                      Not quite the reason I joined today, but I had to respond to the posts.

I own an AC Ace V8 Mk2 and have to say it is one of the best cars I have owned. It is fast, well built and looks nothing like a kit car.
                      Seriously? What is wrong with you?

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X