• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If she walks like a woman, talks like a woman, looks like a woman....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Entirely different to people who feel they've been born in a body with the wrong gender. This person did not at the age of 12, find their penis was withering as a result of a rare genetic disorder. What Greer said, and what I agree with, is that their experiences and lives are not those of the gender they want to be/identify as.

I'm also not entirely convinced by the idea that if someone "identifies" (weasel word) to a particular subset of humanity, that the rest of us are obliged to go along with their feelings.

Perhaps the whole system should be changed so that homosexuals go into the opposite gender prisons.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Entirely different to people who feel they've been born in a body with the wrong gender. This person did not at the age of 12, find their penis was withering as a result of a rare genetic disorder. What Greer said, and what I agree with, is that their experiences and lives are not those of the gender they want to be/identify as.

I'm also not entirely convinced by the idea that if someone "identifies" (weasel word) to a particular subset of humanity, that the rest of us are obliged to go along with their feelings.
      No one knows what it feels to be like anyone else regardless of whether they are the same gender or sex, or not.

We all have different genes, are brought up in different environments and have different experiences. The only exception are identical twins who have not been adopted by different families and have been in the same classes at the same schools. Even then their experiences will be different from a man/woman who isn't an identical twin and other pairs of identical twins.

So while Germaine Greer and myself are women, our experiences would be very different. I doubt Germaine Greer would know what it feels like to be a woman who works in mainly male environments, and I know what it is to be banned from being a speaker at some random university. Plus in regards to female reproductive issues, which critics like her bring up all the time, I've met and know women with entire different problems from a late teen. (Some of them I've wished to punch but that's a whole other thing.)

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Perhaps the whole system should be changed so that homosexuals go into the opposite gender prisons.
      That's not the same thing. People who are gay or bisexual have a social gender and biological sex that align unlike those who have gender reassignment.

Plus some prisoners, who outside prison are straight, don't seem not to have a problem having relationships and affairs with other people of the same gender inside.

In regards to this individual one issue that is ignored is that she is dangerously violent, and even in a women’s' prison will probably have to be put in solitary confinement due to her inclination to beat the cr*p out of people if she doesn't get her way.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        In regards to this individual one issue that is ignored is that she is dangerously violent, and even in a women’s' prison will probably have to be put in solitary confinement due to her inclination to beat the cr*p out of people if she doesn't get her way.
        That may have been a mitigating factor in why they put her in the men's prison in the first place - figuring it was the lesser of two evils, compared with the possibility of her assaulting women in prison.

However, there are probably some female prisoners at the new nick who are bigger and stronger than her - and will be more than happy to put her in her place if she steps out of line

And I suspect the governor at Eastwood Park "had a chat" with her on arrival - and dropped big hints that if she was a problem, she'd be on the bus back to Bristol.

Comment

Working...
        X