• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antarctic Ice Sheet growing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Verdier's book is full of errors, and his contract precludes him from using his position to promote personal viewpoints. Even the unions want him removed.

You seem to be quite obsessed with climate change. For someone who is supposed to be an IT contractor you spend a great deal of your time trying to stamp out any question about the integrity of the climate change lobby or its prognoses.
    Are you a stooge of the climate change lobby?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      More ad hominen stuff from the taliban

You mean errors like the end of snowfalls in the UK?
      PJ has a provable tendency to comment authoritatively on books he hasn't actually read. So...

Comment

Has anyone actually presented any science that proves, or even suggest, significant man-made global warming yet?

All i've ever seen presented is models - and models aren't scientific evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          PJ has a provable tendency to comment authoritatively on books he hasn't actually read. So...
          Fair enough, I haven't read the book, however I regard Le Monde's critique of its shortcomings to be trustworthy.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Fair enough, I haven't read the book, however I regard Le Monde's critique of its shortcomings to be trustworthy.
            What a surprise
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It's good to see that pj has the integrity(at last) to agree that

arctic ice is up
              Antarctic ice is up
              polar bears are up
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                Novelist Will Self and Richard LittleJohn were once in a radio studio together , both having books recently published. Self confessed that he had only read the first 200 pages of Littlejohn's 400 page 'recruiting pamphlet for the BNP' , and Littlejohn asserted that Self was unqualified to comment until he finished the work. Self responded:

Why? Does it suddenly turn into Tolstoy?

200 pages is indeed enough to determine that a novel has unconvincing characters and leaden dialogue in service of an absurd and distasteful premise. Life is short.

BBC News | UK | Self v Littlejohn

Comment

Novelist Will Self and Richard LittleJohn were once in a radio studio together , both having books recently published. Self confessed that he had only read the first 200 pages of Littlejohn's 400 page 'recruiting pamphlet for the BNP' , and Littlejohn asserted that Self was unqualified to comment until he finished the work. Self responded:

Why? Does it suddenly turn into Tolstoy?

200 pages is indeed enough to determine that a novel has unconvincing characters and leaden dialogue in service of an absurd and distasteful premise. Life is short.

BBC News | UK | Self v Littlejohn
                  No need to finish as the mind is already made up

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    What a surprise
                    So, in which particular is the Le Monde critique inaccurate? I assume you have read the book, or at least the reviews?

Or are you just relying on The Australian's opinion piece? If so I recommend Tim Lambert's series The Australian's War on Science

The War on Science – Deltoid

Comment

So, in which particular is the Le Monde critique inaccurate? I assume you have read the book, or at least the reviews?

Or are you just relying on The Australian's opinion piece? If so I recommend Tim Lambert's series The Australian's War on Science

The War on Science – Deltoid
                      I have not read it at all. Nor have I commented on it. I simply published it to show how dissent to your religion is treated.

Comment

Working...
                      X