• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unboomed - it happens I guess

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Please no. We will have to be online and ready so we can make decisions for him during the entire process.
    Maybe we can set up a conference call or something and you can all talk me through it!

Come on - you all love me really!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Ah well, these things happen. At least you now get plenty of free time to sort out everything for Christmas and New Year, rather than having to fit it all in around work
      Would rather have worked up until Xmas, had xmas off then started in January searching. Its going to go flat in a few weeks so if I dont get anything soon it'll be Jan earliest.

Grateful that client has given me 3 weeks notice. Nice of them - but they are a good bunch. Not sure if I'd have done the same - they're surely going to know that there will be some time during the working day over the next few weeks when I'm going to be on the phone to agents etc. And also, its human nature, not going to let them down, but I'm not doing too much extra for free either.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Which you means you will be negotiating these prior to signing, correct?
        So you mean you negotiate after the offer? Direct with client I assume?
        Wouldnt trust agency to even bother doing it if you went through them.....

To be honest, I try to get some idea at interview but find that if you focus on things like working hours too much it puts clients off. They all like to think they'll find the perfect candidate whos available 24 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          They all like to think they'll find the perfect candidate whos available 24 hours a day.
          That's just utter bollocks... As usual
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Maybe we can set up a conference call or something and you can all talk me through it!
            Just post it on CUK and we can provide the usual "valuable constructive feedback".

Comment

Grateful that client has given me 3 weeks notice. Nice of them
              Matter of trust.
              Mine gave me 5 months, I have got someone in and I am starting to hand over.

Just post it on CUK and we can provide the usual "valuable constructive feedback".
              Yeh, we are all more than happy to help

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

PC... You do realise if the government wanted an example to prove why they think contracting is a sham and to justify their changes to T&S, dividend tax and IR35 you would be it right?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  PC... You do realise if the government wanted an example to prove why they think contracting is a sham and to justify their changes to T&S, dividend tax and IR35 you would be it right?
                  IR35's love child
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                  X