• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning Signs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most seriously, when you are paid late a couple of times with differing excuses.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Client Co is solid, but took over with another company earlier this year.

What I didn't realise when I took the contract, I am working in the office of the company they took over.

This is following the usual trend. Take over goes through. BAU for about 6 months. Then heads begin to roll, just before Christmas.
      That was pretty much the situation at the place I was at with the empty desks, though it was only ever a short-term gig anyway.

It was when the receptionist-cum-admin-assistant, who had been at the company since leaving college about six years previously, left for another job that I concluded chances of an extension were slim. She was in a position to be aware of the writing long before it made it to the wall, so if she was getting out while the getting was good…

Comment

Working...
      X