• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admiral and speed awareness course

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My policy says I have to notify them if any change in these details "No convictions, endorsements... including points in the last 5 years" As far as I can see there's no way the wording would include a speed awareness course.

Suspect that commenter is probably right.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Well if insurers are going to start loading SAC the same as if you'd just taken the points then it starts to become pointless possibly in having the hassle of doing a SAC.

Unless of course, you're tight on points!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I thought the first three didn't affect your premium or did that change awhile back?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Well if insurers are going to start loading SAC the same as if you'd just taken the points then it starts to become pointless possibly in having the hassle of doing a SAC.

Unless of course, you're tight on points!
          WHS. I haven't told my insurance co about the speed awareness course I did recently. It never occurred to me that I should.

I found in the past one speeding conviction didn't increase my premium but they still charged a £25 admin fee.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            LOL so you'd believe a comment from someone in the paper!?

The SA course is a consequence of speeding. Like T&C's in our contracts, if its in the insurance policy that you must declare then by not doing so, you run the risk of invalidating your policy and cover.

If your policy doesnt have the condition, then you dont need to declare. But, how many drivers fully read or get a professional to review the policy for such wording?
            LOL so you'd believe a journalist?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Answering the first part of my own question:

The premium increased from £190 to £230 so over 20%!

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                Answering the first part of my own question:

The premium increased from £190 to £230 so over 20%!
                Find another insurer then.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X