• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any vapists here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    No typo. Do you vape? I'm after some new kit for me and also as a Christmas gift for my father in law. (He tried a crappy VIP thing and like the idea but needs something worthwhile)
    I have been vaping for around 18 months and saved a fortune! I use a KangerTech Subox Kit with Element Pink Lemonade Liquid. The kit will cost you £65 and 20ml of the liquid will set you back £12.50 (will last 7-10 days based upon how much you use it). Its more expensive than the pens you can buy in a corner shop but worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Yep.

Now you can see why they won't ban it.
      Is it boot. It's a good chunk though, maybe 10%

The NHS is a disgustingly hopeless enormous grid into which we all pour money. But that's another thread entirely.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Really? The tax on tobacco products raises more than the entire NHS budget?
        Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
        Is it boot. It's a good chunk though, maybe 10%

The NHS is a disgustingly hopeless enormous grid into which we all pour money. But that's another thread entirely.
        Sorry Guys, I messed up .

What I meant to say was smoking provides more money than it costs the NHS.

The government takes in a total of about £9.5 billion in tobacco duties, and the Tobacco Manufacturers’ Association has told us another £2.5 billion goes to the Treasury in VAT. So the Treasury is taking in about £12 billion directly from tobacco sales.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by jamespoole View Post
          I have been vaping for around 18 months and saved a fortune! I use a KangerTech Subox Kit with Element Pink Lemonade Liquid. The kit will cost you £65 and 20ml of the liquid will set you back £12.50 (will last 7-10 days based upon how much you use it). Its more expensive than the pens you can buy in a corner shop but worth every penny.
          I've got 2 Suboxes, a black one and a white one
          I import my juice from the US.

I've spent more on kit than I ever did on fags, but no regrets. Ciggies don't hold a candle to a good vape.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

All day every day is my trusty Vaporshark DNA 30, mini nautilus and home made custard. In the evening (especially if having a drink) my new Wismec Reuxleaux is a winner:

Smok stuff is OK but in terms of temp control vaping the DNA 200 devices are unbeatable. The battery life on this with three 18650 batteries is superb. For tanks, skip the VCT and go for the Freemax Pro or the Uwell Crown. Dripping is too faffy for me but the Twisted Messes is really good. A lot of people raving about the Steamcrave Aromamizer RTDA at the minute, might get one next year. Yeah to the Element Eliquids, Fresh Squeeze and Banana Nut Bread are superb If you are looking for info about vaping try www.planetofthevapes.co.uk - CUK for vapers! This has probably worked out to be more expensive than smoking for me but I am not smoking. Job done as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Any vapists here?

The tax rate on tobacco products is on HMRC's websites. For a £80 carton of cigarettes, the government gets around £70 in Excise Duty and VAT.

Interestingly (especially after the scandal with VAT reclaims), the Duty Free shops don't sell cartons that are purely net of Excise and Vat - if they did, the cartons would only be about £10.
              Last edited by meridian; 9 December 2015, 19:28.

Comment

Its starting here seeing as a packet of fags (19 in a packet but there are packets that have 22, 25 and 30) have gone up to around €5 and even cheaper in Austria and east of here which isn't too far (I used to go to Luxembourg but they're not much cheaper, around €4.80 now.) I noticed that in France there are loads of shops selling these type of things as fags are around the €7 mark now. Also one of the cheapest ways is to buy a carton of a couple of hundred cigarette papers already made up with filters, a big tub of tobacco and a little machine and make your own, they even look like the real thing:

Stopfgeräte online kaufen bei Tabak-Börse24

Zigarettentabak online kaufen hier bei Tabak-Börse24
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Most vaporware comes from those who had supposed Plan Bs

Comment

I think this is open to debate but even if it were ambiguously true, as we've seen with immigration it's not just about money but infrastructure and resources. e.g. if 10 million rich, skilled immigrants move here in one year that is a problem even though on paper it sounds like a win.

Reducing the number of people the NHS has to treat even at the cost of, well, cost would reduce the strain.

Vaping still makes you look like a right one though.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It is a known truth in monetary terms, however, I do agree with this:-

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Reducing the number of people the NHS has to treat even at the cost of, well, cost would reduce the strain.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X