• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Under 45? Oh dear!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    £100k deposit and 15x income it's all possible. Osborne will look after the young and weak.
    Graduate on 20k a year, saves 10k, can get 4x at most - 90k house. Where?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      20k a year, what you trying to do, bankrupt the country
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I put money into my kids accounts every month, have done since birth. It may be too late for me, but hopefully my kids will get a decent start. Whether it's here, in boomerville UK, or somewhere else, who knows.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          I put money into my kids accounts every month, have done since birth. It may be too late for me, but hopefully my kids will get a decent start. Whether it's here, in boomerville UK, or somewhere else, who knows.
          I have told my kids to leave the UK.

Comment

Too late for you? You said you own a house.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Too late for you? You said you own a house.
              I do, a pomme de terre, I will come out in a coffin!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I have told my kids to leave the UK.
                If we didn't have such strong family ties, I would have done the same - Australia is probably the best option but its also, unfortunately, the farthest.

Comment

I've never been there, but what about the Republic of Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, North Wales, loads of places, take your pick...

Comment

I do, a pomme de terre, I will come out in a coffin!
                      A potato?

Do you mean "pied a terre?"

also stop wasting money on sh!t haircuts, more designs for your sleeve and pointless expensive cars you never own but look good on the drive

oh and there are plenty of mobile phones which are a lot cheaper than an I phone and work perfectly well in terms of making and receiving calls.

check how much you spend on clothes as well

the problem has not changed but you insist on having the best of everything and wonder where the money goes

Comment

Working...
                      X