• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Wars : The Force Awakens (contains spoilers)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Han was an "assist" in the MF against DS1 - to allow Luke to make the killer shot.

It was Lando Calrissian that piloted the MF that delivered the killer shot against DS2

It was Lando? Excellent. Winner of the cool Olympics - and ds2 destroyer.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
      True - although the new Star Trek movies are supposed to be remakes - the whole alternate timeline thing is to stop the die hard fanbois from getting into too much of a hissy fit - they are remakes.
      Yes. And it looks after the new Wrath of Khan, that the timelines have diverged sufficiently now that there shouldnt be any re-hashes.

Comment

Originally posted by utopiaplanitia View Post
        Just thought it was a rehash of the best elements of the first original 3 films
        My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: plus Watto's scrapyard

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          My daughter said the entire cinema erupted with laughter when the bad guy was revealed. Far too pretty.
          I thought the bad guy looked quite goofy with a big long face, long ear lobes and a big nose .. reminded me of a young Cher if she was male.

Comment

I thought it was pretty good that he took his mask off unexpectedly. Didn't see that coming. But I agree, such a young villain is hard to believe in. It is also hard to believe that a 20 year old would be in senior military command. (The actor is actually about 32 but looked about 20).

And why does he wear the mask anyway? No reason. Another absurdity which the viewer must strain to ignore. Still thought the film was good though.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post

And why does he wear the mask anyway? No reason. Another absurdity which the viewer must strain to ignore. .
              He's wanted by HMR&C over late VAT payments on the death star. He claimed it was a new build when it was clearly a renovation project.

PS. Silly film with daft plot cashing in on a franchise.

Comment

Working...
              X