• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company to Umbrella, will that avoid ir35 issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Indeed which is why I go through my accounts with a fine tooth comb, in fact I found such an error in my last set (expenses attributed to the wrong category), informed the accountant and he apologised and sorted it, my point is that this is a once a year activity (well 4 times a year for VAT as well but that's easier to confirm whether its correct) and I don't find it a hassle at all, take your point that some people don't GAS and get themselves in a mess but IMO those people should have just stayed permie and picked up their paycheck once a month in perpetuity.
    It's not very difficult, granted, and I do it all myself. But it is some effort and a lot of people just want to earn a living. Staying permie isn't necessarily an option; perhaps they were made redundant and were offered work as a contract. Not everybody is choosing contracting as a way of life; some people take some temporary work and then discover that they need either a Ltd., which is totally alien to them, or a hassle free umbrella. A couple of my relatives went through exactly this.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
    X