• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lady was a bit of a goer apparently, from an interview I saw some decades ago.

Very sad.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Only seems like yesterday when she was on the tv seducing Avon with her extravagant space opera evening gowns. RIP sexy lady. Also where is that Blakes 7 reboot we keep getting promised ?
      Last edited by sbakoola; 3 September 2018, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
        Only seems like yesterday when she was on the tv seducing Avon with her extravagant space opera evening gowns. RIP sexy lady. Also where is that Blakes 7 reboot we keep getting promised ?
        Dead in the water.

Originally posted by wikipedia
        Television
        During April 2000 producer Andrew Mark Sewell announced that he had bought the rights to Blake's 7 from the estate of Terry Nation, and was planning to produce a TV movie set 20 years after the finale of the original series.[73] During July 2003, Sewell announced that he, Paul Darrow and Simon Moorhead had formed a consortium called 'B7 Enterprises' that had acquired the rights and was planning a television miniseries budgeted at between five and six million US dollars. Darrow would play Avon and the series was to be televised during early 2005, depending on " ... many factors, not least financing".[74] Paul Darrow subsequently left the project during December 2003, citing "artistic differences".[75]

B7 Enterprises announced on 31 October 2005 that it had appointed Drew Kaza as non-executive chairman, and that it was working on two Blake's 7 projects. Blake's 7: Legacy was to be a two-part, three-hour mini-series, which would be written by Ben Aaronovitch and D. Dominic Devine. Blake's 7: The Animated Adventures was to be a 26-part children's animated adventure series written by Aaronovitch, Andrew Cartmel, Marc Platt and James Swallow.[76] In an interview with Doctor Who Magazine, writer and producer Matthew Graham said that he had been involved in discussions to revive Blake's 7. Graham's concept was that a group of young rebels would rescue Avon, who had been kept cryogenically frozen by Servalan, and then roam the galaxy in a new ship named Liberator.[77]

On 24 April 2008, television station Sky1 announced that it had commissioned two 60-minute scripts for a potential series, working alongside B7 Productions.[78] On 4 August 2010, the station said it had decided not to commission the series. B7 Productions said the decision was " ... obviously disappointing", but that the development process has resulted in the " ... dynamic reinvention of this branded series". It said it was confident it would find another partner to develop a new version of Blake’s 7 for television.[79]
        During July 2012, Deadline reported that a remake for US television networks was being developed by the independent studio Georgeville Television.[80] The Syfy network announced on 22 August that Joe Pokaski would develop the script and Martin Campbell would direct the new remake.[81]

On 9 April 2013, the BBC reported that a new series of Blake's 7 would be broadcast by SyFy.[82] Other media reported that a full-series order of thirteen episodes had been placed.[83]
        During 2015, the Nation Estate ended relations with Andrew Mark Sewell and the Blake's 7 licence was awarded to Big Finish Productions. On 4 April 2016, it announced The Liberator Chronicles Volume 12, due to be released later the same month, which will be the final entry in Big Finish's long-running collection of audio box-sets based on Blake's 7.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The lady was a bit of a goer apparently, from an interview I saw some decades ago.

Very sad.
          I recall my dad had a thing for Servalan - think it was the boots n leather.

As I was a mere 5 when it first aired I probably did not really understand.

Comment

RIP Burt Reynolds.

Burt Reynolds, Movie Star Who Played It for Grins, Dies at 82 - The Hollywood Reporter

Comment

As a kid I loved watching the outtakes from Cannonball Run, can't help but love that high pitched gleeful laugh.

RIP Burton Reynolds

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

sad he was a cool dude.

He was funny in "My name is Earl" among other things.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Johnny Kingdom

https://news.sky.com/story/wildlife-...-land-11492541

Ouch.

Comment

Fenella Fielding. Frying tonight.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Fenella Fielding. Frying tonight.
                      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/45409341

and...

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X