• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany Retention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nope. Merkel's invite to all and sundry didn't apply to me it seems
    So, no "Germany Retention", for you, then
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks , the accountancies in Germany are bloody bonkers , one offered to take care of my affairs for a monthly fee of 1440 euro !

Comment

Originally posted by InspiredByDope View Post
        Thanks , the accountancies in Germany are bloody bonkers , one offered to take care of my affairs for a monthly fee of 1440 euro !
        and the other?

Comment

The others are pretending they haven't heard me

Comment

Morning
            Considering a contract role based in Düsseldorf. Thinking of doing this the right way by registering with the German authorities and paying taxes locally in DE personally as I'm
            Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up.

I'm expecting a good retention rate given That there will be generous expenses allowed ( hoping for that) . Could you guys provide a ballpark estimate of how much one can retain ? I'm Married with no kids.

What I'm hoping not to hear is Belgium type horror stories of 50 percent taxes etc.

Also how much will a good accountant cost in Germany?

Again hoping they don't charge an arm and leg for tax advice ?
            Being married is better than being single, especially if your frau does not work. Throw some numbers in here for an idea of retention.

Lohn- und Einkommensteuerberechnung

I pay my accountant about €2k a year for monthly vat returns and end of year return. As with all accountants, quick, good, cheap, pick any two. I'm not charged anything for tax advice. That's UK based thinking.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Morning
              Considering a contract role based in Düsseldorf. Thinking of doing this the right way by registering with the German authorities and paying taxes locally in DE personally as I'm
              Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up. ...
              Stop over-complicating things - If you're there for less than six months you needn't pay any tax. To anyone!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Have you confirmed to them you're partial to a bit of leather and the taste of a snooker ball?

Comment

Now, you're just getting paranoid, not "inspired"
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                  X