• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breast feeding class do many dad attend ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Yeap .... still not feeling it but trying to do the right thing hoping when I see the baby I feel different... though if I'm honest the whole thing has got me pretty depressed but can't change it now, the best option I have is to try and make it work.
    First time they hold your finger and didn't let go did it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
      Yeap .... still not feeling it but trying to do the right thing hoping when I see the baby I feel different... though if I'm honest the whole thing has got me pretty depressed but can't change it now, the best option I have is to try and make it work.
      I hope you are doing the right thing for the baby rather than yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Dunno - I remember at ante-natal class, they got some new parents in to talk to us. The dad was very honest and said he felt nothing on seeing the baby - it took him a couple of weeks to feel it, so don't panic if it's not love at first sight. If, two months down the line you still feel nothing, then you can panic.
        These things can take years. Some fathers only enjoy children when they can properly interact - say 5 years old.

Of course mothers can also get post natal depression.

I once had my hair cut by a lady who told me she had a daughter aged 6. And still resented her due to problems at birth - she was in a lot of pain.

Comment

Some inspiring birth photos (not too gory!)

15 Labor, Delivery And Postpartum Photos That Capture The Beauty Of Birth

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            These things can take years. Some fathers only enjoy children when they can properly interact - say 5 years old.
            WHS - I found it was more a gradual thing, but for Mrs.RL4 there's an instant bond, call it maternal instinct or whatever. 5 Years for a bloke seems a bit long though, it ramps up but after year or so you can interact, recognising shapes, reading books (ours asks for books now at 16 months), etc. It's all good fun.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I tend to agree ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7h4TESJs7M

Comment

I saw someone post something on FB about a "breastfeeding cafe" the other day. But sadly it's not quite the same as the mental image I got
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  Speaking from experience (Rl4.jr is breast fed) I'd stay well away. She'll get plenty of support from the trained nurses and other mums, a bloke being in there would be a bit wierd for everyone concerned. You can go to all the other groups and classes for support of course.

In our case the missus got on really well with it, jr. is growing well, it's 1000% better for bonding and she's even been asked to give a talk to other mums to give them advice cos a lot give up.

The main surprise I found was just how few new mothers do breast feed, in the UK it's a minority, people I think are happier sticking a big bottle in babys' gob so it'll fill itself up, get fat (a lot of mothers you'll find go on about "My Tarquin is growing really well, he's on the 98% upper centile!" and present a huge fat faced baby..)

Good luck! PS One thing to be aware of (and probably why a lot give up) is the amount of time it takes, baby can be 'latched on' for a good half hour, hour or more. Or sometimes they just want a quick topup.
                  Oh do **** off. Not every mum can do it for various reasons and knobbers like you don't help.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Oh do **** off. Not every mum can do it for various reasons and knobbers like you don't help.
                    Baby bp could not breast feed. He was tongue tied. In the good old days he would have been checked and sniped on the spot. But now they only investigate if an issue with speech.

Of course Mrs BP got the blame when he could not feed!

We also checked with MrsBP's best friend (whose husband is tongue tied) if oral sex was okay. She said it was.....

Comment

Men attending a breastfeeding class might raise a few eyebrows ...

Lactophilia (i.e., breast milk fetishism) is a sexual paraphilia where individuals (typically male) derive sexual pleasure from watching women lactate, sucking on women’s milk-filled breasts and/or having sex with lactating women

Comment

Working...
                      X