• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restrictive Covenants on Prospective House Purchase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you asked your conveyancing solicitor?
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I'm Out

Then on top of the covenants there are conditions on the planning permission granted to redevelop the property and this one alone is enough to make me walk:

No works shall be undertaken until a hard and soft landscaping scheme has been first submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Such a scheme shall include details of all new walls, fences.. a planting specification to include positions, species and size of all new trees, locations of grassed areas and areas for shrub planting. The works shall be permanently retained and maintained unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.

Reason: To ensure the provision of an appropriate setting to the development having regard to the provisions of the Saved Policies Q1 and Q4 of the Mendip District Local Plan 2002
      (hmmm... 2002 again.. I've come across a lot of meddling legislation dating from that time while I've been involved in this house purchase)

TL;DR - if you want to plant a hydrangea, you have to ask the council's permission first.

Very, very disappointing and a waste of a lot of time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post

Very, very disappointing and a waste of a lot of time and money.
        What sort of numbers are we talking here?

Comment

Working...
        X