• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And now they want to steal our cash...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    What an exciting story.

And I bet that was in Scotland too.
    Which bit bores you the most, that I catch the bus or that I'm part Scottish ;-)

Comment

People keep cash?

Don't you just blow it all on gold and property?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        People keep cash?

Indeed. Cash is a lost opportunity. All that loverly leverage with a small deposit and big mortgage. Gamble with the banks money and 10x your deposit as profit in the first year. All HMG and tax payer backed...

These people with lots of cash are the worlds s Fook 'em

Comment

People keep cash?

Or in Dim's case, takes the 50s and gets blown.

Comment

Cash is still king in Germany. The looks you get handing over your EC card in the restaurant could kill.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

HMRC want cash removed so they can tax everything.

Comment

HMG want cash removed so they can steal everything.
                FTFY

Comment

This is how you do it.

1. You have a cash amnesty. For every £1 in cash you take to the bank and pay in, you receive £2 on your bank balance. However when you agree to this, you agree to a small daily cash limit that can be withdrawn.
                  2. Everyone rushes to the banks and pays in billions in cash, and watches their bank balance increase rapidly.
                  3. After a few days/weeks, the BoE imposes a depositor haircut on all bank accounts, stealing the cash balance back plus some.
                  4. Cash withdrawals are no longer allowed and cash is no longer accepted.

Job done.

Comment

£50 note isn't accepted in many places, I was not amused to find that out when I first came to this country and tried to buy a local newspaper
                    Went to Moscow a few decades ago and found when you spent notes at the airport they gave you sweets instead of change. Maybe abolish notes and trade in Fruit Pastilles or Maltesers instead.

Seriously this is a pain. Got £65k in a savings accounts and just been told the interest rate is going from 0.75% to 0.25%. Don't want to move it into some longer term account as looking to buy some land.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Went to Moscow a few decades ago and found when you spent notes at the airport they gave you sweets instead of change. Maybe abolish notes and trade in Fruit Pastilles or Maltesers instead.

Seriously this is a pain. Got £65k in a savings accounts and just been told the interest rate is going from 0.75% to 0.25%. Don't want to move it into some longer term account as looking to buy some land.
                      Why not buy a house? Prices can only go up, up and away. Surely 65k will get you something decent in London....

Comment

Working...
                      X