• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter's scathing LinkedIn rejection shamed online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckms View Post
    To be fair I don't know what a twunt is. For all I know it could translate from Giberrish into English as "thoroughly nice person"
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I don't think I did. I called the contractor in the situation a twunt.. If you are the contractor in the situation however then yes, you are a twunt. If you made a mistake and falsely accused me of calling you a twunt then you are a twunt.

HTH...
      Errrmmm....just to clarify, I guess that makes him a twunt
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Errrmmm....just to clarify, I guess that makes him a twunt
        Why do you always have to abuse the new posters and call them names?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why do you always have to abuse the new posters and call them names?
          Very clever what you did there, you are wasted here, have you thought of a new career, becoming a Conservative MP?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by ckms View Post
            A contractor asked an agent who approached him for a role where it was based...
            You didn't though. You asked for the nearest tube or rail station. "Can you be more specific about the location" would probably have yielded better results.

If the recruiter can afford to ditch you on the grounds of being a bit of a prat, I guess it was just a commodity bums-on seats role.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't think I did. I called the contractor in the situation a twunt.. If you are the contractor in the situation however then yes, you are a twunt. If you made a mistake and falsely accused me of calling you a twunt then you are a twunt.

HTH...
              This is a new version of Boolean logic - one truth value.

Comment

But if there is a chance you want it you've got to go for it. Turning down an interview because there might be a chance you don't want it is just stupid. What do you think is better? A couple of offers you can pick and chose from or **** all on the table because you might not like them?

Either that or you are so good you are guaranteed to get every gig young for. I'm certainly not.

That's all fine if the market is pants. But otherwise, given how much demand there mostly seems to be, the agent should be (unless he's also finding himself swamped with deals to be made) finding me the role that suits me. No way I'm going to an interview without even knowing where it is - that's just asking to have wasted a day's invoicing (I figure if it's a day not used for pleasure it's a day I may as well have used working) plus a train fare.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  The funniest one I ever had was the pimp saying that the client wanted commitment from the contractor & wouldn't be paying overtime.

I still don't know why I drove across the country for that interview, it was a complete & utter waste of my time.
                  I've had this a few times from clients. I just look at them and let them say this crap if it makes them feel better.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    I've had this a few times from clients. I just look at them and let them say this crap if it makes them feel better.
                    And, thats why you face so many issues, after the contract commences, either that, or you make them up .
                    If you don't firmly negotiate terms etc. At the start, prior to signing contract, you will often face issues.

Burying your head in the sand, as you have just alluded to there, will allow them, to feel, they can treat you like a total doormat, in the future.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      And, thats why you face so many issues, after the contract commences, either that, or you make them up .
                      If you don't firmly negotiate terms etc. At the start, prior to signing contract, you will often face issues.

Burying your head in the sand, as you have just alluded to there, will allow them, to feel, they can treat you like a total doormat, in the future.
                      Hmmm. Maybe. BUT a manager at a clients job is to get value out of the expensive contractor. If they can somehow get them to work extra or get something for free then they're doing well.

I have no problem with it. They're just trying to get the best out of the deal. It only becomes an issue for me if they try to force the issue.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X