• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies asking for 2 references.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
    Poor, 3/10
    Paging Mr Kettle - call from a Mr Pot on line one to discuss your darkened hue.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Paging Mr Kettle - call from a Mr Pot on line one to discuss your darkened hue.
      V.poor...2/10

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        If you've been contracting nearly all your life as you say in your first post you will have come across this before...
        Maybe it's only his second contract....?

Comment

Thanks guys ha.. didn't know if agencies in London operate differently ..

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            If you've been contracting nearly all your life as you say in your first post you will have come across this before...

Crap sockie.
            It depends on the frequency he applied. I only got this crap 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              It depends on the frequency he applied. I only got this crap 3 times.
              How many times have you been actively looking for contracts?

For me there's been at least one. Venn seem to insist on it - I've advised them that referees would vary depending upon the role. It's becoming more of a moot point these days as references should now only confirm that you were in the contract.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                It's becoming more of a moot point these days as references should now only confirm that you were in the contract.
                Exactly, so give them the names of your last two agents as referees.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Exactly, so give them the names of your last two agents as referees.
                  Yep, but similarly agencies should know this themselves. The more contractors that supply agencies as referees, the sooner they'll stop with this ploy.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

How about everyone stops being a mug and giving out references until they've signed a contract.

Then the agents will eventually stop asking. It's annoying enough without some of you giving them a sniff in the vain hope you've got a job on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
                      How about everyone stops being a mug and giving out references until they've signed a contract.

Then the agents will eventually stop asking. It's annoying enough without some of you giving them a sniff in the vain hope you've got a job on the line.
                      Who said I did you grumpy chunt?

Comment

Working...
                      X