• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2016 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I heard something there about extending stamp duty levy on BTL to larger companies too(?) "Listened to colleagues". "Only fair".

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      He was talking about ebay selling and stuff.
      I'm sure he said trading and property income allowance for those selling services and doing things like renting out rooms on AirBnB. Will see soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        I'm sure he said trading and property income allowance for those selling services and doing things like renting out rooms on AirBnB. Will see soon enough.
        A NLyUK allowance?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          http://www.publications.parliament.u...al/160/160.pdf
          The term ‘personal service company’ is not defined in law. It is understood
          generally to mean a limited company, the sole or main shareholder of which
          is also its director, who, instead of working directly for clients, or taking up
          employment with other businesses, operates through his company. The
          company contracts with clients, either directly or through an agency, to
          supply the services of its director. This is the general understanding with
          which we approached our work.
          Pure speculation in the absence of detail but -

Spouse is the director. You are an employee with shares in the company. You take the contract and are not working through a PSC as you don't meet the criteria above.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Toll on Severn crossing to be halved - should help psycho escape.
            You pay to go in don't you? They got that wrong. They could double the charge & people would still be willing to stump up the cost just to get out!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Spouse is the director. You are an employee with shares in the company. You take the contract and are not working through a PSC as you don't meet the criteria above.
              yep, you could drive a bus through that

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                Ah yes, he did mention renting out rooms.

Comment

Based on that definition, it's more beneficial for the other half to become a director of your now non-PSC.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Not sure on how it would reflect on the director that they have no impact on running the business

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Toll on Severn crossing to be halved - should help psycho escape.
                      You don't pay to leave Wales. It's when he goes home it's an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X