• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

someone who did worse than our Divorcees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to get prenup and spend it all before the split, it's the only way to be sure...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And it does not mean that the stay at home person is a better parent.
      or that they should maintain their lifestyle they had at a level provided by their ex.

Interestingly enough two divorces involving friends come to mind where the 'weaker party' was male both were during the divorce abusing alcohol & drugs yet the wife lost the house or paid maintenance. Though arguably both husbands had during the marriage contributed significantly to the household. Does that change it now its a different sex?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mate of mine kept the house and kids, even though his wife was stay at home, and AFAIK, not abusive or anything obviously unusual. So it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There's no suggestion that he's done that at all; the case seems to hinge on the fact that he's still doing very nicely out of it. Though how it will fare when he's in clink remains to be seen.

Again, there's no suggestion anywhere that the settlement would result in her lifestyle remaining unchanged. In fact, the article explicitly states that she's gone back to work. That sounds like a lifestyle change.

Less than £500,000 in assets isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things. It presumably includes the value of the family home, and the maintenance would just about cover the children's school fees. Or are you suggesting the children must suffer along with the mother?

It does actually (he is being offered Legal Aid because he has no money) but I also listened on the radio and read it in the Littlejohn's column apparently the Telegraph didn't think it was worth mentioning.

If he isn't earning anything as the firm is insolvent and the cash is gone then the Kids will have to suffer the indignity of the local Comprehensive.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...sts-legal-aid/
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Going to get prenup and spend it all before the split, it's the only way to be sure...
            You are getting married?

Can I get an invite to your stag do?

I can bring my own squirrel costume.....

Comment

Whatever generates the links in the article is broken
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

MGTOW

MGTOW is the best way now.

Take the red pill, wake up.

Comment

Prenups not properly valid in England.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Prenups not properly valid in England.
                    They must be taken into account now, thanks to the Supreme Court's ruling...

Comment

They must be taken into account now, thanks to the Supreme Court's ruling...
                      Noticed I said not properly valid which is not the same as invalid.

Anyway you should marry someone who has nearly as much, equal or more wealth as you.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X