• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

can i flip and make 50k ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes you probably could if you had two pennies to rub outside of the fantasy land you inhabit.

But don't worry, if you ask nicely yer mum might give you a quid for a Mars bar.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      I get you, I have seen that before. I guess just not unboxed and next to the window LOL!
      if you used a wall hung toilet you could use the space between the two pipes for the cistern without losing more space in the bathroom then shelving above that .

shame it`s 80-90k overpriced

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes you probably could if you had two pennies to rub outside of the fantasy land you inhabit.

But don't worry, if you ask nicely yer mum might give you a quid for a Mars bar.

if you say so assguru

Comment

If and its a big if, you made 50K, would you flee the family nest?

You never know, leaving mother, might mean you have a little more luck with the laydees, rather than just the occasional sympathy hug / pint.

Can't remember how old Timothy Lumsden was supposed to be, but at 38, you must be giving him a run for his money
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Good luck.

I went to an auction last week and bid on this.

3 bedroom house for sale in Bath Road, Bradford On Avon, Wiltshire, BA15

I got knocked out at 220k, fecker went for 267k!!!!!
            I've been to quite a few auctions, and it's not uncommon for people to get carried away and pay significantly above open market value (even judged liberally). They start out thinking they're going to get a bargain, and they can't think on their feet or stick to a game plan. I've spoken to people that really have no idea what the work is going to cost and even whether they're going to find the funds in time. There are some prize muppets around. It's laughable sometimes when you get a competitive situation, and the auctioneers are obviously great at exploiting that. Difficult to comment on the above property, as I don't know the area/market, but I've seen this happen many times on properties that I have researched.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              If and its a big if, you made 50K, would you flee the family nest?

You never know, leaving mother, might mean you have a little more luck with the laydees, rather than just the occasional sympathy hug / pint.

Can't remember how old Timothy Lumsden was supposed to be, but at 38, you must be giving him a run for his money
              Not really i made 180k in 18 months and did not move out

the ladies can wait had my share of axe wounds in my early twenties .

50k might make me shop in waitrose for a couple of months

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                I've been to quite a few auctions, and it's not uncommon for people to get carried away and pay significantly above open market value (even judged liberally). They start out thinking they're going to get a bargain, and they can't think on their feet or stick to a game plan. I've spoken to people that really have no idea what the work is going to cost and even whether they're going to find the funds in time. There are some prize muppets around. It's laughable sometimes when you get a competitive situation, and the auctioneers are obviously great at exploiting that. Difficult to comment on the above property, as I don't know the area/market, but I've seen this happen many times on properties that I have researched.
                i agree , people get emotionally involved at auctions and end up getting fleeced.

viewed this one 3 bedroom semi-detached house for sale in 17 Ronelean Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6
                These were going for 230-250 back in 2013 , which i thought was crazy as it backs the motorway and not a great area either

250k guide went for 370k , utter dump inside needs everything roof timbers rotten the lot. Rats nest in the garden ! New owner thinks they are going to get 450k +

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I got knocked out at 220k, fecker went for 267k!!!!!
                  How did that feel?

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                    Not really i made 180k in 18 months and did not move out

the ladies can wait had my share of axe wounds in my early twenties .

50k might make me ask my mummy to shop in waitrose for a couple of months

Love Timothy
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      When I bought at auction, the lot before ours started with no reserve and I was tempted but knew I needed to save the money for the lot we really wanted.

Ours went exactly where we wanted it to, and £15k less than we'd offered the week before to avoid taking it to auction.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X