• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What world do you live in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I'm the good looking one with nice hair.
    You are shorter than I imagined and your co star has to carry you.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      In the unlikely event the OP is not trolling.....

You're comparing apples with wheel barrows.

You should work on the assumption that you're going to work a max of 200 days / year, 10 months at around 20 working days per month.

That gives a gross income, before tax, insurance, accountancy fees, training, sick, pension, mobile phone, laptop, training and all of the other good stuff a decent permie would get of £66k.

Factor in the fact the client can let you go with zero notice, you could be out of work for an indefinite time, you could be forced to take a contract 100s of miles from home....

Still think £330/day is a lot? I'm not for one minute suggesting that it's a rubbish rate, but it's not the gross income you think it is.
      no wonder i sit on my bottom now for a living .

anyone got a gig resetting passwords for £599 a day ?

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
        Asking as I spotted a thread slamming a daily rate of £330 - roughly £80k a year - which is at the very least £50k take home pay a year. Is it really that bad? Do you know the average UK salary?
        Jeez, you can't even buy a pack of playing cards for £330 these days....

Comment

Working...
        X