• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let's go to....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Not right now - Southern Trains are on strike, or something...
    There's always the trams and the buses.

Comment

Croydon has a nice airport to fly ones private jet into. Or at least it did until 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Croydon has a nice airport to fly ones private jet out of. Or at least it did until 1945.
        FTFY.

Said airport (the original London airport iirc), now has an Ikea and some other tat shops on it. Progress - lovely, innit?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

FTFY.

Said airport (the original London airport iirc), now has an Ikea and some other tat shops on it. Progress - lovely, innit?
          As an aside, I found this rather good:

The Shape of Things to Come - Jet! When Britian Ruled the Skies -BBC Four

Comment

Not right now - Southern Trains are on strike, or something...
            Nah Southern Train management has cancelled 350 train services, not trained enough drivers, and stopped guards and drivers working on their rest days. The second is to save money and the third is to ensure the HSE doesn't take the directors and managers to court if there is an accident.

Southern have then blamed the RMT for striking for their bad service.

If their service was decent on the days where there are no strikes there wouldn't be a problem.

I think there are 3 train/transport workers unions and each union must hold a separate ballot to go on strike.

I do know with other rail operators the guards and drivers tend to be in different unions plus managers are normally trained up to be guards....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wasn't one of the strikes over who closed the doors?

Comment

FTFY.

Ikea is some old factory a few miles to the North.

I went to London Airport for my birthday in 1972. Parents hired a mini bus and took about 12 kids. Its now Heathrow. I still have a London airport pencil. In those days they had a viewing platform and spectators were encouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I don't know anything whatsoever about Croydon. It doesn't sound very interesting either.
                  Trust me, you don't want to know any more than you already know about Croydon. And it's way duller than it sounds.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Trust me, you don't want to know any more than you already know about Croydon. And it's way duller than it sounds.
                    How mean!

They are the only area of Greater London that it is guaranteed if you want to buy work clothes in a shop they will have them in stock.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X