• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chai Latte anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Starbucks I go to seems to double as an office for all the HR depts. of local companies to do their training & conduct interviews etc.

There was a group of about 20 of them doing health & safety training yesterday; I learnt all you need to know about blood types yesterday whilst downing my flat white.

A bit much when you just want to go for a bit of relaxing downtime.

Perhaps I should have got up and offered to hold the flipchart for the hapless girl who was running the session. She was getting somewhat flustered.
    Last edited by Phil Rouge; 14 July 2016, 08:20.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      I've stood behind w'nkers who do that. Boils my piss. There should be a special queue for people who just want some filter coffee, aren't going to feck about topping up the app before they can pay and have anticipated being asked to pay for their order prior to being asked for the cash.
      All your own fault, if you insist on going in Starbucks.

I wouldn't even want any of the staff to be seen in there.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        proper Chai made the Indian way is however delicious.
        Reminds me of a story a friend of mine once told me about a couple who went travelling in India.

Both were very fastidious about avoiding Delhi Belly & consequently they'd taken their own cutlery & various other utensils to use whilst sampling street food.

On arriving in Calcutta, they approached a chai wallah & thrust their clean plastic mugs at him before he had a chance to fill up the hepatitis ridden, cracked enamel numbers that they would otherwise have been offered.

He accepted and promptly proceeded to strain the tea through the filthy vest that he was wearing.

I had to laugh...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          My recreation:

- Pour milk (of the cow variety) in a pan.
          - Split open three Yorkshire tea bags and add them to the milk.
          - Let the milk boil.
          - Pour the tea into a mug through a cafetiere filter
          - Add sugar.
          - Drink.

Glad to see the inclusion of the Yorkshire tea, however it should have spices in it too...
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rouge View Post
            The Starbucks I go to seems to double as an office for all the HR depts. of local companies to do their training & conduct interviews etc.

There was a group of about 20 of them doing health & safety training yesterday; I learnt all you need to know about blood types yesterday whilst downing my flat white.

A bit much when you just want to go for a bit of relaxing downtime.

Perhaps I should have got up and offered to hold the flipchart for the hapless girl who was running the session. She was getting somewhat flustered.
            Stopped reading there. Starbucks ffs?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Glad to see the inclusion of the Yorkshire tea, however it should have spices in it too...
              I added Cardamon pods and some ginger powder. Forgot to put it on the list

Comment

Well backpacking around southern India was a little different, they actually seem to like the Brits, but with early starts you get to see the cafes setting up. I seem to remember it went something like this:

Bring large cauldron of water to the boil.
                Add a couple of packets of leaf tea (probably Assam as that's where it comes from and is dirt cheap)
                Add several pints of whole milk and a couple of cans of condensed milk.
                Add a heap of ground ginger.
                Add a small heap of split cardamons.
                Bring back to the boil.
                Using a large fine sieve decant into jug and pour.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  My recreation:

- Pour milk (of the cow variety) in a pan.
                  - Split open three Yorkshire tea bags and add them to the milk.
                  - Let the milk boil.
                  - Pour the tea into a mug through a cafetiere filter
                  - Add sugar.
                  - Drink.

Don't they use condensed milk?
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Don't they use condensed milk?
                    Not always, usually used as a sweetener, that given the amount of sugar used
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      I've stood behind w'nkers who do that. Boils my piss. There should be a special place reserved in hell for people who don't just want a filter coffee, but insist on fecking about topping up the app before they can pay and have anticipated being asked to pay for their order prior to being asked for the cash.
                      FTFY
                      Last edited by Mordac; 14 July 2016, 20:21.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X