• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just make sure you are sick once every five years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    This is ContractorUK. Perhaps there are people who work at Capita.
    They're very IR35 unfriendly I hear....

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      Anyone here actually work at Capita?
      Did once. They were terrible before they outsourced - goodness knows how they are now. Thoroughly infected with civil service worker lethargy.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        they also have the electoral roll & council tax data they could use for movers.

a few hours with SQL and they could have some great candidates for deletion.
        You want to let Crapita loose with SQL and a delete button? I bloody don't.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Dr Who?

I'm male. Last time I went to see a doctor was in my teens when hay fever was ruining my summers. Next time I see a doctor is likely when he's checking my dead corpse is really dead.

Though I did once drop into one of those walk in centres where they have a nurse vet the patients before forwarding them onto a doctor if the nurse can't handle the issue. No prior registration required. They're still around aren't they?

Besides we're all doctors now we can self diagnose via the internet.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            So, this is Crapita's way of saving money on data cleansing? Running letters off at whatever cost per person rather than a simple death register update that is readily available?
            What about the people who move away? People don't just come off a Dr's surgery when they die, and is the death register automated, how much would it cost to develop a system that hooks into it. The cost of printing some letters would seem inconsequential compared to a large scale IT integration like that.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Dr Who?

I'm male. Last time I went to see a doctor was in my teens when hay fever was ruining my summers. Next time I see a doctor is likely when he's checking my dead corpse is really dead.
              Either you're < 45 or your local health authority doesn't work the same as some do. I get a letter inviting me for an annual checkup.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Though I did get a rather curious epistle requesting a sample of turd.

Which I've ignored twice.
                Was that anything to do with the NHS, or was it just one of those "Welsh things"

I was asked for a stool sample once. Never been allowed back in the woodworking class.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Either you're < 45 or your local health authority doesn't work the same as some do. I get a letter inviting me for an annual checkup.
                  Maybe with all the moving about as a contractor they've been sending stuff to an old address. Another reason I've never bothered to stay registered wherever I've been based, it's not been on the list of things to sort out each time I move. Same with dentists. Whenever I need to see one I find a local one accepting new visitors.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    You wait till you get the prostate checkup letter - seemed innocent enough, but a pub acquaintance later provided the gory details - I've sort of put it off for now...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      What about the people who move away? People don't just come off a Dr's surgery when they die, and is the death register automated, how much would it cost to develop a system that hooks into it. The cost of printing some letters would seem inconsequential compared to a large scale IT integration like that.
                      Not with you. We moved 50 miles and still had the same milkman.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X