• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting clientco situation!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Had an email from an agent last night about a diluted version of my current contract with a third of the rate. This role would report to myself, but I have not heard anything about it.

While I am in a public sector project I am working for a tin-pot 2 man consultancy who needed my skillset to get things progressed. I am contracted to November with a weeks notice. I have good processes and shaped things up well over my five weeks here, there is now a good roadmap for a better chance of success.

Either the public sector HR are trying to swap me for a cheaper version, or the consultancy I am working for are trying to swap me out to pocket a heck of a difference for themselves.

I am looking but to be honest am ready for a good holiday. Last time I work for a small firm – lesson learnt.
    It won't be that, public sector HR are not even close to being that imaginative. There's no reason for them even to know your rate, unless the consultancy invoice is fully itemised.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Interesting?

When was the dictionary definition of interesting changed to utterly boring and tedious....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Interesting?

When was the dictionary definition of interesting changed to utterly boring and tedious....
        Wilmslow!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Wilmslow! <Canned laughter>
          FTFY - pro-bono

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Interesting?

The day after the Remnants lost the vote.

Comment

Working...
            X