• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heathrow Express

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    This doesn't help answer your question but ...

I remember reading that on a pound per mile basis the Heathrow Express is the most expensive train journey in the world.
    It's not even the most expensive in London...

Covent Garden to Leicester Square - 270m between the stations - £14 per mile on PAYG Oyster - £29 per mile on a paper ticket.

Canary Wharf to West India Quay is 200m, so shorter distance, but different pricing zone - £12 per mile on PAYG Oyster - £39 per mile on a paper ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Along with Corbyn and Abbott?
      You nearly made me throw up...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        My foreign mrs on her first trip to London managed to get lost on Circle line when it was actually a circle.

Was about 22:30, I had to catch a train to Nottingham from pre-Eurostar St. Pancras, she calls me saying it's all countryside outside and going dark........

Still don't know where she actually was, told her to get off and get the next tube the other way. She only had a Zone 1.
        Is she a blonde?

Comment

Working...
        X