• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV six years out of date.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just add these lines to your experience section:

2010-2016 Permanent Wage Slave

* Spent every hour of every day working for my employer
    * Grew fat on crappy hotel food and lack of exercise due to spending all my hours in airports
    * Work consisted of so much BS I've lost any skills I had
    * Looking for anything at all in desperation.

Simples.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Never more than a few months. My CV is important to me - even if in role and relatively secure. I like to know I have it ready to send to someone if required; even if for speculative purposes (or 'networking', ugh).

Cos I'm a contractor, not a perm. Like you were.

Or a perm in disguise. Like you were.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Never more than a few months. My CV is important to me - even if in role and relatively secure. I like to know I have it ready to send to someone if required; even if for speculative purposes (or 'networking', ugh).

Cos I'm a contractor, not a perm. Like you were.

Or a perm in disguise. Like you were.
        Similar. As soon as I have achievements at my current clientco that make the cv worth updating, it gets updated. So, yeah, not changed it for four years
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Just add these lines to your experience section:

2010-2016 Permanent Wage Slave

* Spent every hour of every day working for my employer
          * Grew fat on crappy hotel food and lack of exercise due to spending all my hours in airports
          * Work consisted of so much BS I've lost any skills I had
          * Looking for anything at all in desperation.

Simples.
          Thanks. Put that, and got an interview as your new boss later tomorrow.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
          X