• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And Millibrain the second is back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    ...Why not draw attention to the homeless ex-serviceman that have been cast aside and left unsupported after tours of duty? We're struggling to look after our own yet these prats want us to take more from elsewhere.
    False dichotomy. It's not one or the other. Quite feasible to do both. Or (the politicians preferred), neither.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Plus there are relatively few such ex-servicemen; there are tens of millions of refugees. I don't see why a life of someone in category A is worth more than that of someone in category B.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Plus there are relatively few such ex-servicemen; there are tens of millions of refugees. I don't see why a life of someone in category A is worth more than that of someone in category B.
        People in the SNP don't like having them in their area...

SNP Councillor who is 'veterans' champion' slammed for claiming squaddies were drunks and drug addicts - Daily Record

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Whats wrong with a sweeping generalisation and being mean to people? If former squaddies can't take it then god help the rest of the populace.

Comment

Servicemen and coppers probably have a better excuse for turning to booze than most.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't see why a life of someone in category A is worth more than that of someone in category B.
              Contribution would be a big pointer.

When I compare people's worth then someone willing to die for my freedom comes streets ahead of someone willing to lie to get into England!

YMMV
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ex-servicemen have served our country and put their lives on the line for what is perceived to be our overall security. We then abandon them, yet upgrade to the latest weapons regardless of budget. The government of the day needs to show that it must put its own house in order first. While all humans are equal, not all causes are.

What was wrong with the refugees stopping at the first safe country? Are their handouts not good enough?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

We need to stop it right now.

Anyone attempting to claim Asylum in the UK unless they can prove a direct route goes straight back to a safe refugee camp near Syria.

We accept a fair number from various refugee camps around the world with the understanding that once their countries are ruled safe they are given assistance to return. Obviously if they have been seen in UK or Europe then no access.

That would solve the rush to the UK.

Comment

If you had a bowl of 150 M&M's and 3 of them were poisoned and would kill you if you eat them - how many M&M's would you eat.

Then apply this to the syrian refugee situation.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      If you had a bowl of 150 M&M's and 3 of them were poisoned, and would kill you if you eat them, 147 said they were M&Ms but were actually chocolate covered peanuts - how many M&M's would you eat.

Then apply this to the syrian refugee situation.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X