• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanent Equivalent Salary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Someone else who hasn't studied motivational theory...

That choice is not a function of cash income, it is a function of being your own boss. Freedom is an enabler, income is merely a comfort. I can earn more a year as a permie, so why am I not one and have absolutely no desire to be one?
    Good point .

Oh, so can I.

The thing is, it was going to be employed to start a BI practice from scratch and being its practitioner.
    Basic around £130K, Bonus around £30K

They would have wanted every hour God sends, so gave that one a swerve.
    Guess that proves your theory

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
      I have seen this too. If you are useful and on a good day rate and they want you to go perm, if your contract market is good you can leverage that to get a senior perm role. Depends on market conditions at the time you approach this transition. But in principal I've seen several (non-management) contractors cross over into senior perm management roles. Obviously you have to be polished to pull this off. Not a boiler room techie who's never had a shave.

And I'm talking about 200k/Yr plus bonus IB perm roles, fr 750/day sterling gigs.
      I've seen this a few times too. The transition was primarily programme manager (very senior, running huge multi million £ programmes) to director level perm.

From what I've heard, the perms are not any more secure than the contractors at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
        I've seen this a few times too. The transition was primarily programme manager (very senior, running huge multi million £ programmes) to director level perm.

From what I've heard, the perms are not any more secure than the contractors at this level.
        I swapped a lower salary long term for less stress. On my third child and watching lots of colleagues having heart attacks & divorces I think it was a good choice. We still have a lifestyle most people envy and I have just been playing 5 little monkeys with my little one after spending the evening out with mates. I'm not in a hotel or working late to keep up with the youngsters.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X