• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car Updated Before Taking Delivery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's a reputable dealer then cancel your order and they should return your deposit. Then place an order on a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Oh dear - have had my new car on order for the past 6 weeks and is due to be delivered at the end of Oct, only to find out that a 2017 model has just been released. Need to speak to the garage to see if they can order me a new model to same timescale and for same price, although am guessing unlikely...

Has anyone else been in this situation before ?
      There is a chance that you might actually be getting the facelifted model anyway?
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        There is a chance that you might actually be getting the facelifted model anyway?
        If there are any facelifts going can MF have one as well, his chins are chaffing.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If the facelift model has been released and is showing up in the garages then you will get the facelift model (no car manufacturer runs old and new facelift models down the line at the same time).

A more important question is whether the options you want are still available in the way you ordered them. Seat and VW both managed to screw up some case last year when front parking sensors moved from a self select item to part of a package only. Get you dealer to check whether what you ordered is still a valid combination
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I prefer to get a car several years old so it is cheap and hardly depreciates.

Though getting a used Veyron is tough....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Wasn't your butler selling one recently?

Comment

That's a different situation to mine, so nice story but not really relevant in this instance. And it's Bentley
                No, he ordered a Bently, hence him getting a VW.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That's a different situation to mine, so nice story but not really relevant in this instance. And it's Bentley
                  The only time he's been in a Bentley he ended up on an attempt to pervert the course of justice charge.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    If there are any facelifts going can MF have one as well, his chins are chaffing.
                    If he has another facelift he will have 2 noses.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Getting a used Bugatti Veyron for a good price may be tough, but perhaps you should consider something more reasonable like a Honda Veyron....

Comment

Working...
                      X