• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And the top destination for those leaving LOndon is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The list contains Medway in there which itself proves the article is rubbish. No self respecting londoner would ever think of moving out to Medway.
    I was thinking the people were on the council housing list and were told these are where the homes we have found for you are. Then given a choice of take it or you have intentionally made yourself homeless.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I was thinking the people were on the council housing list and were told these are where the homes we have found for you are. Then given a choice of take it or you have intentionally made yourself homeless.
      I am not sure they are allowed to move them too far as it can cause issues with their support networks... Personally if I was in London and someone said there is a house in the countryside I would rip their arms off...

Comment

Why the Londoners are leaving London? It's a beautiful city with beautiful parks and job opportunities!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          I am not sure they are allowed to move them too far as it can cause issues with their support networks... Personally if I was in London and someone said there is a house in the countryside I would rip their arms off...
          unfortunately they do.

Councils unlawfully rehousing families outside local area warns charity - LocalGov.co.uk - Your authority on UK local government

I'm a little torn on this, it makes no sense to house a long term unemployed person in expensive London accommodation especially if the relocation may help with their issues caused in their local area i.e. they want to escape gang violence etc. If they are freshly arrived then the should not be able to choose to live in London for free.

However I can see it being abused where people have a family history in the area or are being dumped to remove a headache for the council.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Birmingham Only City 5hit Enough for Londoners - Daily Mash

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              Why the Londoners are leaving London? It's a beautiful city with beautiful parks and job opportunities!!!!
              It's because they are poor and want to live in social housing but there is insufficient social housing in London for them.

Or they have a job but realise they can buy a house and get another job if they live outside London.

There are parks and countryside all over the UK.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X