• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another car thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

911 every time. I ended up with the Cayenne turbo, the family man's car that gets you to the supermarket in double quick time.

Did try the 911, awesome place to spend time. Just not partial enough. Maybe when the kids don't need car seats.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Anyone driven both a 911 and a Panamera?

Comment

I can fit in a Cayman easily, that wasn't the question. It was harder fitting in NLYUK; after the first two inches, she felt pretty much unused.
        that was her nostril we hold garden parties in other parts.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If you were struggling to decipher NLUK's post, he was saying you're a fat loser.

HTH
          He had me down as having three kids so I presumed he was spouting the usual level of bollox that he does in General.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

He had me down as having three kids so I presumed he was spouting the usual level of bollox that he does in Prof forums.
            FTFY.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I wouldn't have given this a thought before I met you but now I have, the idea of your head pushing up through the soft top makes me giggle.
              I had a similar episode in the 80's in my mates MG Midget, I couldn't see ahead due to my knees being directly in my eyeline.....

I literally had to act like an upright foetus just to sit in it....

Comment

I have driven both a 911 Turbo (996) and a Panamera Diesel.

The 911 is a true sportscar with breathtaking acceleration (at least on the Turbo) and great handling.

The Panamera is a family saloon car that does a very good job of imitating a sportscar. The Panamera surprised me as it is a fairly big car but when you are in it, bombing down country lanes, it feels much smaller and handles very, very well.

If there are no other factors to consider, I would go with the 911. If however, you need the extra space in the boot or the seats, then the Panamera is an excellent compromise.

Comment

He had me down as having three kids so I presumed he was spouting the usual level of bollox that he does in General.
                  Indeed. Unless they were triplets that's a clear biological impossibility.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Freud View Post
                    I have driven both a 911 Turbo (996) and a Panamera Diesel.

The 911 is a true sportscar with breathtaking acceleration (at least on the Turbo) and great handling.

The Panamera is a family saloon car that does a very good job of imitating a sportscar. The Panamera surprised me as it is a fairly big car but when you are in it, bombing down country lanes, it feels much smaller and handles very, very well.

If there are no other factors to consider, I would go with the 911. If however, you need the extra space in the boot or the seats, then the Panamera is an excellent compromise.
                    Thank you, a fellow human at last!
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I looked at a Macan but was put off by the attitude of the dealer.
                      The Porsche Guildford receptionist was so rude and condescending, closely followed by one of their salesmen, that it put me off buying a Porsche.
                      If that's how badly they treat prospective customers who want to spend money, how are they going to treat you if you need after-sales assistance?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X