• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On January 15th, 2015 £134 would have bought you a bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    but she was kind enough to let me keep one as a reminder.
    we are talking about bitcoin not your testicles.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      So what about the new currencies, Zcash and Monero? I know nothing about them except in name. Media tells us that bitcoin is dying because lack of regulation and traceability. But if anything I think that's a reason for even more growth.
      Bitcoin is not necessarily dying, but it is becoming less popular because it is coming under greater scrutiny and the financial authorities are starting to push for regulation. Its also been the subject of a few high profile collapses in BitCoin Exchanges - the equivalent of Banks for bitcoin where you buy and sell them and they are stored in escrow in a supposedly secure wallet for you - where they have either had their bitcoin inventories stolen or simply upped and vanished with their members "money".
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bitcoin is no more 'imaginary' than any of the fiat money we have in the world

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
          Bitcoin is no more 'imaginary' than any of the fiat money we have in the world
          Indeed - in fact the more you think about money, how to make money and most importantly how virtual money sitting as a bunch of 1's and 0's in a computer can actually make tangible money you can spend - the more you realise it is a huge sham.

Comment

So what about the new currencies, Zcash and Monero? I know nothing about them except in name. Media tells us that bitcoin is dying because lack of regulation and traceability. But if anything I think that's a reason for even more growth.
            There will be attacks (actual and reputational) on all cryptocurrencies that are not government-backed. They weaken fiat currencies because they aren't susceptible to country shocks; as such, they are an enemy of the state.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              There will be attacks (actual and reputational) on all cryptocurrencies that are not government-backed. They weaken fiat currencies because they aren't susceptible to country shocks; as such, they are an enemy of the state.
              Read some more over the weekend, sounds like Zcash naaa not to much but Monero a replacement for Bitcoin. Monero restores anonymity that bitcoin has lost.

Does make you wonder though.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Read some more over the weekend, sounds like Zcash naaa not to much but Monero a replacement for Bitcoin. Monero restores anonymity that bitcoin has lost.

Does make you wonder though.
                Potentially worth £100 on each one, punting on the long term of one of them taking off. If you'd have bought £100 of Apple shares in 2004, they'd now be worth about £8000.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Because it's not tied to the news in a given country? Because people buy it WHEN traditional currencies are risky? Because it's a bubble?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X