• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's Policies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta say, just listened to the victory speech, from the DM's website

Donald Trump wins US Election | Daily Mail Online

Difficult to argue with that speech - the first 7 minutes.

Have a listen

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      I gotta say, just listened to the victory speech, from the DM's website

Donald Trump wins US Election | Daily Mail Online

Difficult to argue with that speech - the first 7 minutes.

Have a listen

Milan.
      It was a very gracious speech which indicates that he might just be a good president.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He may be a bit of a crazy fooker but is clearly able to take on and complete large scale projects with some success.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          This is the really odd thing that people seem to misunderstand. He came from a complete outsider who was ridiculed by everyone, to fight the Democrats, the GOP, and the media - and won!

And people criticise the way he put his message across.

They guy is clearly mega smart, so I'm sure now that he's done his job of persuading he can attack the next job at hand in a more overtly sophisticated way.
          I think he saw the whole thing as a challenge, or possibly a bit of a game, and in a way it's admirable that he's pulled it off. I agree with you; people who say he's an idiot are wrong. He's very smart and worked out what best to say to manipulate people, which is quite easy when you don't expect to have to deliver. Just mentioning "the establishment" seems to work on most.

So perhaps now he's thinking "Oh tulip. I won.". But at least there'll be enough people around him that do know about running a country to stop him doing anything too stupid. It's possibly more significant that The Republicans now have both houses than who sits in The White House.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I think he saw the whole thing as a challenge, or possibly a bit of a game, and in a way it's admirable that he's pulled it off. I agree with you; people who say he's an idiot are wrong. He's very smart and worked out what best to say to manipulate people, which is quite easy when you don't expect to have to deliver. Just mentioning "the establishment" seems to work on most.

So perhaps now he's thinking "Oh tulip. I won.". But at least there'll be enough people around him that do know about running a country to stop him doing anything too stupid. It's possibly more significant that The Republicans now have both houses than who sits in The White House.
            A really good objective analysis
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              A really good objective analysis
              Indeed. Now who the fook is it and what has he done with Vectra Man???
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

is this the first time in a long time that one party in the US had both houses and the presidency ?

Whitewash ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  This is the really odd thing that people seem to misunderstand. He came from a complete outsider who was ridiculed by everyone, to fight the Democrats, the GOP, and the media - and won!

And people criticise the way he put his message across.

They guy is clearly mega smart, so I'm sure now that he's done his job of persuading he can attack the next job at hand in a more overtly sophisticated way.
                  Although he comes across as speaking a word soup he does speak in simple language during his speeches and during the debates so that everyone in the US could understand. He may not say much but his message is at least delivered. He is also comes across as more approachable and shows more emotion which Hillary after years in politics doesn't do as well.

Aside from the conflicting messages on immigration I'm interested how the new administration is going to improve the US tax system that the Donald has mastered in his words.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Indeed. Now who the fook is it and what has he done with Vectra Man???
                    As soon as I saw he had posted I automatically reached for the "tw*t" keys.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      Intellectuals can say and do what they like but people are now ignoring climate change because of the intensity of the clearly exaggerated scaremongering. Most people may not be "intellectual" but they are bright enough to see through the crap.

As for the other policies I am still in the dark as what not to like about them
                      Clearly exagerated? All universities in the world in the top 100 are pursuing the research to examine the impact of this - which is clear and absolute in stating it is much more severe than expected and the rate of change is faster than expected.

Do you even know any university researchers? They are intent on truth and discovering objective facts, something you are, and have been, unable to discern for the entirety of your presence on this forum.

The pursuance of truth with integrity was what has driven our society from enlightenment. You REALLY want a Trumpesque post-truth era? Seriously? If "wot i rekon" is your modus operandi and this spreads then we end up wanting things that can, long term, come back to massively reduce the quality of society and stunt the intellectual development of the world for generations.

I'll continue to concentrate on objective facts rather than joining the throng of those who clearly have and use racial prejudice undertones to their arguments.

As much as I agree that the global elite have partially caused this, the base extincts appear (read: appear) to be that of racism and pro-white superiority.
                      In possession of faculties. Almost.

Comment

Working...
                      X