• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the last 3 states given up now Trump has won?

Two of them are very very close so they might be having recounts although I haven't seen anything to this effect - they are just undeclared at 100% counting on the BBC. But in Arizona he has more than a 4% lead so what are they waiting for?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
      Two quick questions

1) Are you aware that Brexit hasn't happened yet?

2) Are you aware that Donald Trump hasn't taken office yet?
      Yes, but markets and economies react to expectations.

I'm making so much money it I might be richer than Trump himself if this carries on.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Might be because (other than the two reasons given above) that it's dawned on people that he was actually talking tulipe during the campaign. He's not going to jail Clinton, he's not going to build a wall, he's not going to spend masses of government money and cut taxes and he's not going to cancel trade agreements. In fact, he's a clown who was playing a clown to persuade thick c**ts to vote for him.

I heard he was going to give £350 million a week to the NHS, are you telling me that was a lie
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I'm sure all the poor people will be very grateful the rich people had a good day on the stockmarket.
          We should sell poor people on the open markets.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Yes he nails it.

Don't agree with Brexit? You are a racist, low IQ, bigoted, insular, poorly educated, right wing xenophobe.

Have doubts about Global Warming? You are an uneducated, unscientific, idiotic flat earther without any understanding of anything and your doubts will not be entertained.

Voted Trump? You are a racist, low IQ, bigoted, insular, poorly educated, right wing xenophobe.

The liberal left offer nothing but disdain and an elitist diatribe against anything that doesn't fit their narrow perspective.

Celebrity endorsements. s
            Well this is why they all literally cry when they lose brexit/us election - which was unimaginable for them.

They believe their own bulltulip, so when their brainwashed perception of reality rubs up against the actual hard cold facts of reality, the dissonance they experience is so great it's like the their whole world is collapsing around them.

Unfortunately then, instead of recovering and reassessing their whole world view, they double down.

The fact that half the population of a huge country doesn't seem to notice the giant "literally hitler" in the room doesn't seem to even make them question their own perceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              I heard he was going to give £350 million a week to the NHS, are you telling me that was a lie
              Probably, but then, you didn't vote for him so his promises don't matter to you. If you were a wall builder living near the Mexican border, you might be a bit pissed off.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

its not unusual for some to take a few days to trickle in. I can only assume the news channels have given up 'calling' them though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to unnecessarily make it look like more of a convincing win than they need to, based on the wikileaked revelations.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yes, but markets and economies react to expectations.

I'm making so much money it I might be richer than Trump himself if this carries on.
                  You own a lot more pounds but the pound is worth much less so really?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You own a lot more pounds but the pound is worth much less so really?
                    I only generally only buy British goods, and UK property, priced in pounds, which I rent to immigrants, who pay in pounds. What's not to like?

Comment

They haven't been "called" by the network because at the moment there is no need for a network to do that. But if you look on somewhere like politico then you will see the number of votes in each state now that 100% of the precincts have confirmed their results.

MI: Trump 2,279,221 Clinton 2,267,798

NH: Clinton 347,048 Trump 345,464

AZ: Trump 972,900 Clinton 888,374

That gives Trump 306 electoral college votes, Clinton 231 but Clinton still got more votes than Trump overall by about 250000.

As someone once wrote, "the electoral college is a disaster for democracy"

Comment

Working...
                      X