• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I have just spent the last quarter of an hour looking for relevant posts to back up my earlier accusation, and can't find any. So I will just throw in a fatuous remark to spare my blushes and stop me looking like such a plum!
    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

But, but we were told Wall St crash, the $ would collapse. What is happening?

Comment

Meanwhile in Scotland....

"While this is not the outcome I hoped for, it is the verdict of the American people and we must respect it"
        Ms N Sturgeon.

Unlike some other votes we can think of ?

Comment

The New Zealand immigration site crashed yesterday...

linky
          Last edited by SueEllen; 10 November 2016, 23:55.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
            You and all those who signed the petition to stop me visiting the UK are now on the No Fly list
            So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
              You and all those who signed the petition to stop me visiting the UK are now on the No Fly list

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Didn't he get like 3% of the black vote? Or was that exit polls and the true story is very different?
                Black voters stayed at home rather than vote for hated or racist.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Didn't he get like 3% of the black vote? Or was that exit polls and the true story is very different?

black 8%, +2% from 2012 (i had previously seen +6% but wikipedia says 2012 was 6%, so only +2 then)

The black vote for Clinton was noticeably down though.

White vote was +1%.

Hispanic vote was +8%

Asian + 11%

So in retrospect, it looks more like the minorities bailed on her, plus trump made some gains with minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Black voters stayed at home rather than vote for hated or racist.
                    I assume you mean Trump for the racist bit?

What did he say or do that was racist? (if you don't necessarily agree with them then it's still a rhetorical question)

All i'm aware of is the patently false claim that the rapists from Mexico (he wasn't even talking about Mexicans specifically as a significant number of central Americans cross illegally too) comments were racist.

He said:

Talking about Illegal immigrants, not Mexicans (so immediately not racist)

"When Mexico sends it's people they aren't sending their best" (here the fact that there is the best whom he is not talking about, and the not best who he is, makes it not racist)

"They're rapists, criminals, blah blah blah..." (many of them demonstrably are. Is he taring them all with the same brush?)

"And some of them, I assume, are good people." (no... he's not. And this is yet another point that makes his statements not racist by definition)

I've not heard anyone cite anything else as being racist other than that the man on the TV said it so it must be true.
                    Last edited by SpontaneousOrder; 11 November 2016, 00:16.

Comment

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist | The Huffington Post
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X