• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

menstrual leave?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Clearly. She must be a game bird to be married to a twunt like that.
    I didn't think I was fighting with you.

Is pr1 your sockie?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I didn't think I was fighting with you.

Is pr1 your sockie?
      I think you've whooshed yourself there.

Barrydidit wasn't talking about you; rather pr1's other half.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post

Bottom line is I don't see how companies can give specific leave for a certain type of problem that only a subset of the workforce can ever have - it's discrimination if you look at it in those terms
        Like maternity leave? It's not discrimination if it is available to everyone who needs it. Most women probably don't, but a significant number do suffer to the extent that it affects their ability to function normally.

Comment

Yeah sure...

Luckily a few years ago when I kept getting bad colds the NHS decided that I actually needed an ENT operation and then found at the reason for them. Oddly all the people who put the pieces together were female. The male clinicians who I initially complained to decided I was making it up though the male ENT consultant who decided I needed the op didn't.
          men are rubbish and women are great

Comment

My missus used to suffer from terrible period pains

The pill helped a bit but not much

She also had a habit of fainting but it never stopped her doing anything.

Whilst i have sympathy with people who get these the main problems would be that far too many would just use it as a few days off whether they needed it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Like maternity leave? It's not discrimination if it is available to everyone who needs it. Most women probably don't, but a significant number do suffer to the extent that it affects their ability to function normally.
              It's getting a bit OT but actually you make a fair point and for people like myself who don't plan on having kids, you could argue that the availability of paid maternity/paternity leave is discriminatory. Perhaps a fairer system is that employers should offer staff a one-time extended paid leave to be used as they see fit, then those who want a child can use it for that, those that don't can just take a break from work.

Again this is a bit tongue-in-cheek but it could be seen as an actual issue for some, and I'm not sure I actually think that parents should be able to take paid maternity leave more than once - if you want more than one child then I think you should take unpaid leave to have it. Our population is too high already without making it easy on people who procreate excessively. Same goes for benefits I think they should only apply to first child, if you want any more then pay for them yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                men are rubbish and women are great
                You seemed to have missed the surgeon was male.

Comment

You seemed to have missed the surgeon was male.
                  course he was, as if a woman could become a surgeon

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    My missus used to suffer from terrible period pains

The pill helped a bit but not much

She also had a habit of fainting but it never stopped her doing anything.

Whilst i have sympathy with people who get these the main problems would be that far too many would just use it as a few days off whether they needed it or not.
                    I doubt it.

Since there is evidence women are discriminated against due to having maternity leave and disabled people are discriminated against due to their illnesses in employment, women wouldn't take it unless they had to.

Added to that you would get the people who are like the idiots on here would presume that the reason a woman is sick in a cyclical nature is due to her periods when it is something completely different.

Comment

Working...
                    X