• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We is all fick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    Physics has the word "theory" all over the place, which translates as "we are just guessing". The word of God is all that matters
    QED.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Physics GCE 'O' level in SI units.

Physics GCE 'A' level in MKS, CGS, Imperial units.

Degree 1st year in MKS, CGS, Imperial and Engineering Imperial units with the odd bit of SI thrown in for good measure.

But never mind, we Welsh are even thicker than the rest of you.

No doubt they'll be reshuffling the deck chairs on the educational Titanic quite furiously.
      Did you not do any studying in FFF units?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being thick just look at Dodgyagent

Comment

India scored so badly in the PISA tests in 2012 that they decided not to enter again.

Which is one way of dealing with a low ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            India scored so badly in the PISA tests in 2012 that they decided not to enter again.

Couldn't they offshore them?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

That's cos their pupils' parents couldn't bribe anyone.

(Sorry on a phone & in meeting so can't provide link.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                And the gap between A-level Maths and university level maths is also high.
                A-level maths is a joke now compared to when I did it in the 80s, bite sized questions leading you to the answers.
                Which means university maths has also fallen in standard, since the raw material cannot deal with sophisticated concepts.
                But that means old farts like me stay in business as the younger generation are so crap, mathematically
                Just a small stats point...

The distance between a-level and degree level maths is largely a function of where you did your maths degree, and therefore hard to measure usefully.

Gap between GCSE and a-level much easier to measure consistently across the country and thus make generalised statements thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                  Just a small stats point...

The distance between a-level and degree level maths is largely a function of where you did your maths degree, and therefore hard to measure usefully.

Gap between GCSE and a-level much easier to measure consistently across the country and thus make generalised statements thereof.

I was in the last year to do O-level, and I remember in year 2 of A-level my maths teacher complaining about the new influx of GCSE maths students starting A-level but being a long way behind we'd been after O-level.

But then I went to University (computing/electronics) and it seemed everything in the first year was rehasing stuff I already knew from A-level Maths or Physics.

Internationally we were probably all fick in 1989 too.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post

Once you have been here a little longer it will rapidly become apparent that very little factual data need be supplied before assguru jumps to outlandish conclusions.
                    It is a function of his one-dimensional mind, and whilst it invariably makes him look like a complete jackass, he is at least OUR jackass.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Once you have been here a little longer it will rapidly become apparent that very little factual data need be supplied before assguru jumps to outlandish conclusions.
                      It is a function of his one-dimensional mind, and whilst it invariably makes him look like a complete jackass, he is at least OUR jackass.

HTH

I'm not really into passive aggressive bullying thanks.

But thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                      X