• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B$&**% Thieves -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Good view from up here, isn't it. One of my friends downloads films; the classics and new film as soon as they become available, regardless of quality. He says it's "for the kids". As a result, the kids have seen all the classic films way before they've been able to really appreciate them (and don't watch them again as "already seen that", and they've never been to the cinema. And it's not as though he can't afford it. I really don't understand the mentality of having to have the latest films immediately. I'm happy to wait a few months.

Currently watching Netflix's Dirk Gently. Violent, quite grisly and very very funny.
    Oddly enough I've been using my Prime subscription recently to watch of films. Some I've seen before others I've not. If a film is good enough watching a few times shouldn't be an issue.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Good view from up here, isn't it. One of my friends downloads films; the classics and new film as soon as they become available, regardless of quality. He says it's "for the kids". As a result, the kids have seen all the classic films way before they've been able to really appreciate them (and don't watch them again as "already seen that", and they've never been to the cinema. And it's not as though he can't afford it. I really don't understand the mentality of having to have the latest films immediately. I'm happy to wait a few months.

Currently watching Netflix's Dirk Gently. Violent, quite grisly and very very funny.
      I'm in no way justifying it, but content providers have historically taken the piss with regards to distribution and rights. Look at region locking - just for living in the UK we got the privilege of waiting months and paying a premium because our DVD players had been deliberately crippled.

I completely agree with your sentiment, but the big boys dug their heels in and tried their damnedest to keep the industry from changing. Fortunately they lost the war.

Take Spotify - I can't remember the last time I even touched an MP3 because it's so damned convenient. Meanwhile I still can't output certain legit streaming services to HDMI (4OD).

I pay for Netflix because it's cheap and great when i want it. I use Spotify all the damned time. And we rent loads of films via the Apple TV because it's a doddle. But then you get other services where it's literally easier to just download it.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I also have prime.

So it is a service which costs £6.58 per month and for that you get

Free delivery on some stuff - very useful this time of year

Lots of free movies, box sets etc - some can be great some can be rubbish

Only real disappointment for me is that kindle books are not included but meh...

So for all those who would rather commit a crime than pay £6.58 a month

1) AYSYACOTBAC
        2) Do you regularly steal a bottle of wine from the Off Licence?
        You get SOME kindle content don't you? The Library feature possibly not that I use it. Music is the big one you leave off; with Android/iOS devices you can download even Prime video and music to your device which is really handy.

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
        Prime's ace. Being able to plan a(n almost guaranteed) delivery for when you know you're going to be around is worth every penny.
        Guaranteeing just the day is not that useful, a guaranteed 1-4 hour slot would be preferable. Obviously it varies what they can do depending where you live.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You get SOME kindle content don't you? The Library feature possibly not that I use it. Music is the big one you leave off; with Android/iOS devices you can download even Prime video and music to your device which is really handy.

Guaranteeing just the day is not that useful, a guaranteed 1-4 hour slot would be preferable. Obviously it varies what they can do depending where you live.
          Not sue I get any kindle stuff but will check

And yeah loads of music to be had.....

If I said I only just found out and have had prime for a year would you think me a muppets???

Think we tried the trial this time last year and let it renew because for 7 quid a month why the hell not!!

Clearly iacutbac

Comment

If I said I only just found out and have had prime for a year would you think me a muppets???
            Nope.

If everyone made use of all Amazon services they would either have to put the price up or remove stuff.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Think we tried the trial this time last year and let it renew because for 7 quid a month why the hell not!!

Clearly iacutbac
              they didn't advertise it all that well.

works well with Alexa (much clearer name than echo for Amazon's marketing geeks) "Alexa Shuffle play <Artist>" comes from the 2 million songs
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                they didn't advertise it all that well.

works well with Alexa (much clearer name than echo for Amazon's marketing geeks) "Alexa Shuffle play <Artist>" comes from the 2 million songs
                Same issue here. I've had Prime since they introduced it and I didn't know there was any music included

But I've saved a small fortune in delivery charges so I'm pretty happy anyway. TGT is a bonus really, I find their other TV/film either too old ("seen it") or also available on Netflix. Mostly. I didn't like Mr.Robot.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Same issue here. I've had Prime since they introduced it and I didn't know there was any music included

But I've saved a small fortune in delivery charges so I'm pretty happy anyway. TGT is a bonus really, I find their other TV/film either too old ("seen it") or also available on Netflix. Mostly. I didn't like Mr.Robot.
                  Braindead, The Girlfriend Experience, Halt & Catch Fire, Betas, Constantine are all exclusive I think, very good.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't stream footy anymore I listen to it on the wireless/sterogram.

And before that I would "watch" a game on Ceefax. (ask yer parents kids).

Tight? Me? Yup.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

We're enjoying Bosch and the free films are better selection than Netflix. Shame the video interface (on PS3 at least) is so terrible - really bad UX.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X