• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“I think I’d better leave now."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    this idea that no one can talk about it is just a 50 year old tradition of old bitter men who want to make themselves look important with little interest in the impacts of their actions.
    You and many others who are all delusional totally misreading the situation.

EU had enough of UK, period.

They are happy that UK will bugger off - that will unblock a lot of decisions that are necessary for EU to move forward.

EU just needs to make sure that: UK is punished for past behavior economically, which is achieved by making sure UK can't get a la cart benefits from EU (single market/customs union) without obligations - this is to prevent other members from leaving, that's #1 overriding priority, everything else is secondary.

EU got no choice but to act like that, if you were in their shoes what would you do? The same thing, and if you not then you are very stupid indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainframe gent View Post
      The EU should send all brits home and see if the UK has the ba**s to do the same. The EU would win this one.
      They can't do that because the UK is still a member of the EU, so British citizens have the right to live and work in EU countries.

Once we've left, then they could expel British immigrants. But first, the UK government needs to trigger article 50, which will then allow negotiations over the rights of immigrants (whether British immigrants in other EU countries, or EU immigrants in the UK) to take place.

Do British immigrants abroad still get really annoyed about being called that rather than the mealy-mouthed "expat" euphemism?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        They can't do that because the UK is still a member of the EU, so British citizens have the right to live and work in EU countries.

Once we've left, then they could expel British immigrants. But first, the UK government needs to trigger article 50, which will then allow negotiations over the rights of immigrants (whether British immigrants in other EU countries, or EU immigrants in the UK) to take place.

Do British immigrants abroad still get really annoyed about being called that rather than the mealy-mouthed "expat" euphemism?
        Every country has its own words for "ex pats". Anyway back to your point why is this subject being discussed anyway prior to Article 50?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They are happy that UK will bugger off - that will unblock a lot of decisions that are necessary for EU to move forward.

EU just needs to make sure that: UK is punished for past behavior economically, which is achieved by making sure UK can't get a la cart benefits from EU (single market/customs union) without obligations - this is to prevent other members from leaving, that's #1 overriding priority, everything else is secondary.

EU got no choice but to act like that, if you were in their shoes what would you do? The same thing, and if you not then you are very stupid indeed.
          So firstly I think you have never dealt closely with politicians - the only interest they have is what they can get, they became politicians because they wanted to have power over people and to feel important - not because they want to make things better for people - end of story.

Secondly back to the 'punishment' part - one of my main fears if we did leave was that incorrect decisions would be made on purpose with the phrase 'it's because of brexit' always being tacked on the end to justify it and finally do we want to be part of something of a Union which punishes people if they want to leave?

Have you ever heard of the Soviet Union for example?

Comment

Have you ever heard of the Soviet Union for example?
            I was born there and lived first 20 years of my life. After that I've lived 20 years in UK.

What the fook can you possibly know more about Soviet Union than me?

Comment

I was born there and lived first 20 years of my life. After that I've lived 20 years in UK.

What the fook can you possibly know more about Soviet Union than me?
              Was the Soviet Union a good honest Union which put it's people first?

Were states allowed to leave the Union?

Serious questions by the way.

Comment

The EU needs to be in complete control of all the countries and should be given the tools to do so. If Britain was to stay for example it should be forced to adopt the EURO. This whole Brexit thing will in the end be very good for the EU. It is only when you leave something that you realise what you are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainframe gent View Post
                  The EU needs to be in complete control of all the countries and should be given the tools to do so. If Britain was to stay for example it should be forced to adopt the EURO. This whole Brexit thing will in the end be very good for the EU. It is only when you leave something that you realise what you are missing.
                  Indeed - it would have been better if that Hitler chap had won back in 45 then we would not have had to worry about this would we.

BTW I assume you are trolling now as this thing about the EU having complete control over all it's member states was one of the main drivers behind people wanting to vote out

Comment

Indeed - it would have been better if that Hitler chap had won back in 45 then we would not have had to worry about this would we.

BTW I assume you are trolling now as this thing about the EU having complete control over all it's member states was one of the main drivers behind people wanting to vote out
                    I am not trolling. If the EU is to be effective it has to have full control. At the moment it gets blamed for everything yet it does not have the power to solve problems.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X