• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not all clients are bad - nice one here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    That's not MoO. Try doing a search.
    Yeah MOO is about not being obliged to do other work than stated in your contract. If your contract is to deliver project X, then you are obliged to do that to the best of your ability. They can't come to you and say, actually you also need to deliver project Y - you can say no, it's not in my contract. That's MOO.
    Last edited by Willapp; 6 January 2017, 09:34. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Understand a client can, at any point, tell me theres no work please dont come in. But can I do the same? i.e. say not available for last 5 weeks.
      You already do the same. You are unavailable for holidays and the like aren't you?
      There is a massive difference between your examples. One is business driven decision which is fundamentally how we work and core to your IR35 defence. The other is just plain breach.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Sub - probably won't work.
        Why? You don't have an unfettered RoS? If so, that's your fault. If you had one, the client would need to honour it or you'd have grounds for termination.

It's funny how flies always find a turd.

Comment

Working...
        X