• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear seems the German Police are over reacting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so is Nafri as used by the Police an acceptable term?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      so is Nafri as used by the Police an acceptable term?
      Since I'm not German I wouldn't be able to tell you.

If it it's used like N***** or P*** then definitely no.

If it's used like Scot or Yank then it could be.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        maybe the UK could implement something like that
        We have. Why the fook do you think you and scooter are now in Deutschland?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Rich, coming from one whose worldview is informed by the Daily Mail and who displays his deep ignorance and narrow-mindedness on oh-so-many subjects on a daily basis.

ID cards were adopted across Europe after the first world war began, to be able to identify foreigners more easily. Britain never felt the need. A significant reason that the pilot for ID cards in Britain failed was that it was linked to a central government database. In many countries, ID cards are handled locally, or at county level.
          Oh dear, you are as usual talking bollocks, rarely is ones username so well chosen. Do feel free to insult & condescend as usual, you are almost good at that.

Identity cards in Britain: past experience and policy implications | History and Policy

The first National Registration was taken during the First World War. The context was a fierce debate raging in the War Cabinet between those ministers willing to consider conscription and those who wanted to continue the policy of voluntarism.

Under the National Registration Bill, introduced by the President of the Local Government Board, Walter Long, in July 1915, personal information on all the adult population was compiled in locally-held registers, and identity cards were issued.
          British civil servants did not forget the identity card. Plans for a new national register were written into the War Book. On the 29th September 1939, the second National Register was introduced for three specified purposes 'for the duration of the present emergency': co-ordinating national service, national security and the administration of rationing. This time the local registers were backed up by a comprehensive central register held at the Central National Register Office near Southport. Seven thousand transcript books contained details of forty million registrations. Identity cards - folded cards with name, address but not date of birth - were issued.
          as you can see both were linked to a central register.

of course the Judiciary saw though a laissez faire retention.

By the early 1950s, the identity card had become a routine part of policing. In 1950, a young man, Clarence Willcock, was stopped in his car by a policeman in North London on suspicion of speeding and asked for his identity card. Like the good Young Liberal that he was, Willcock refused to produce his card. Willcock's argument to the Middlesex magistrates was that the National Register was a piece of wartime legislation that was no longer in force in peacetime. The magistrates disagreed. The Appeal Court not only confirmed the judgement but also gave Willcock an absolute discharge and in his concluding remarks, Lord Goddard, the Lord Chief Justice and soon to be infamous as the hanging judge in Derek Bentley case, strongly criticised the police's use of identity cards:

It is obvious that the police now, as a matter of routine, demand the production of national registration identity cards whenever they stop or interrogate a motorist for whatever cause. Of course, if they are looking for a stolen car or have reason to believe that a particular motorist is engaged in committing a crime, that is one thing, but to demand a national registration identity card from all and sundry ... , for instance, from a lady who may leave her car outside a shop longer than she should, or some trivial matter of that sort,...is wholly unreasonable.

This Act was passed for security purposes, and not for the purposes for which, apparently, it is now sought to be used. To use Acts of Parliament, passed for particular purposes during war, in times when the war is past, except that technically a state of war exists, tends to turn law-abiding subjects into lawbreakers, which is a most undesirable state of affairs. Further, in this country we have always prided ourselves on the good feeling that exists between the police and the public and such action tends to make the people resentful of the acts of the police and inclines them to obstruct the police instead of to assist them.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Since I'm not German I wouldn't be able to tell you.

If it it's used like N***** or P*** then definitely no.

If it's used like Scot or Yank then it could be.
            When I was in Germany the mrs' boss always referred to her African friend (from Mali) as 'Der Affe' - i.e. The Monkey. Nice...

Comment

I feel I'm doing some good here. Making the ignorant actually check their facts before posting and even do a bit of research.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I feel I'm talking Bollox
                FTFY.

Comment

I feel I'm doing some good here.
                  Linky!!!!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

No different to skinheads being targeted by police here 35 years ago because of prior behaviour. If you've had an organised sexassaultathon last year by the north African immigrants, surely they're the safe bet to do it again?

SueEllen will no doubt be able to tell us about reoffending rates.

Granted, they shouldn't be singled out for blanket treatment but I think ze Germans got it right.

With a more suspicious tone....
                    Merkel's got to try and get re-elected somehow you know!
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Is it cuz they is black innit

Comment

Working...
                      X